The catch of a lifetime.

ryguyfi

ryguyfi

One of my goals since I started fly fishing was to get a 20”er. Thursday was the day. I had it all planned out. I tried to make all the details line up; where I was going, the right technique, the opportune moment. Well it all just fell into place on Thursday evening. I went out at about 3pm with a good friend of mine to this hidden spot and we worked pretty hard for a few hours. We caught a few snags along the way, but in the end I got exactly what I was looking for. I could see it coming and at just the right time there she was. It was a long hard fight, but I brought her to hand and she was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen. Just the perfect end to a perfect day. 8lb 11oz and 21 inches long.

Her name is Lillia Grace Gouldsbarry.

Here we are on Day 1 brushing up on our caddis. :-D Can't start too early!

Ryan Gouldsbarry

I was wondering when you were going to post this. I thought about posting it myself but I didn't want to steal your thunder. Congrats, she's beautiful!

Congratulations, Ryan and all!

That's an awesome catch! Little girls are something else! Cherish her all you can because time moves quick. It' unreal to me that I have 7 and 8 year old girls. Time flies by.

Hurray!

Many Congrats to the happy Dad. :)

She's beautiful!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats to you & MOM!

Rolf

Good stuff Greatest Feeling in the World :pint:

Ryan,

That is good stuff and the catch of a lifetime. :) Welcome to the world of parenthood. Its amazing though. You remember when you were a teenager and you think you knew everything and now you realize you had no idea.......this is just like the same thing.

I knew i was going to lose sleep and fishing time but i really had no idea.

This past week i been working OT at work (5:30pm to 4:30 am) and MacKenzie is teething now so she doesn't sleep through the night like she did. She gets up at 5:00am and is up till 9:00 or so. Then takes an hour nap. I been running on about 1-2 hours sleep everyday, all week. I see my wife for like 5 minutes a day except for the weekends. Then you gotta do your grocery shopping and laundry so you have not much time to do anything "family like" even on the weekends.

Its hard. No Joke. BUT, this weekend MacKenzie is in Scranton visiting her grandma and family. Even though i went through hell this week i miss her something terrible and wish she was here. Sick isn't it?

Your now embarking on the most wonderful thing you will ever experience. No doubt. :)

Maybe someday here soon we can have a DAD's GETAWAY JAM. Everyone else got one this year :) We should get one too.

Eventually maybe me and you can take our daughters together and go catch some fish with them.

P.S. I know the perfect spot. Its a guaranteed to produce fish even for the most inexperienced fly angler like our kids :p

CONGRATS :)

P.S. she sure is beautiful!

biggest congrats to you ryan!! she's beautiful and your already steering her in the right direction!! I'm just waiting to read the post asking where to get a 3' 0wt for her to use!!

Couldn't happen to a nicer Dad. Congratulations Ryan!

Love the shot with the magazine. I'll have to get one of those with my first grandchild.

congratulations Ry , she will make all bad days dissappear with a smile , time flys so hang on tight and fasten your seat belt !!!!!

That's fantastic! I know you where looking forward to this for quite a while and am happy for you.

I'm just waiting to read the post asking where to get a 3' 0wt for her to use!!

I've seen some pink rods and blanks out there...

Have fun,

Kev

and she was the most beautiful thing I have ever seen
Isnt that strange? All slimy and purple-ish yet somehow incredibly beautiful. To the point that I remember tears coming out of my eyes.

Congratulations!! Beautiful little girl and I really love her name.
Being a father was the best job I ever had.

Congrats!

Congrats, to you and your wife, she's a real beauty... a real keeper!

PaulG

Congratulations.

Congratulations; your smile says it all :-D

Back