Stocking WV style

Biggie

Biggie

I guess this is what happens if nobody shows up to help stock. Notice the guy filming has his fishing pole leaning against the guardrail......should have a catchers mitt and be in the stream.......

I've seen the FC dump buckets of trout from bridges but that throwing them 40 feet is just lazy.

At some lakes they just put a big hose in the water and empty the truck!!

That stupid hick in the vid still has a truck full of water? I agree, he is lazy....... but also stupid!!

Its possible he was pressed for time. Regulation only allows so many hours behind the wheel. And it looks like he was the only official worker there. Here you have 2 with the truck and at least 1 fish commissioner. He could have been fed up with truck chasers doing nothing to help and just waiting to fish.

For some reason I don't understand, according to the FC, trout are to be thrown from the buckets, not "poured" into the stream. Maybe its to shock them into the new environment.

CathyG wrote:
Its possible he was pressed for time. Regulation only allows so many hours behind the wheel. And it looks like he was the only official worker there. Here you have 2 with the truck and at least 1 fish commissioner. He could have been fed up with truck chasers doing nothing to help and just waiting to fish.

For some reason I don't understand, according to the FC, trout are to be thrown from the buckets, not "poured" into the stream. Maybe its to shock them into the new environment.

Yup.

I'm requesting Ramcatt send that guy stocking the fish and email. :)

thats how they do it in wva seen it plenty of times...one time i watched them drop them off rail road about 100' above the water on the elk

afishinado wrote:
CathyG wrote:

Yup.

^+2

It doesn't hurt them and they quickly orient themselves and get on with their lives, as opposed to pouring them into stream edges where they may linger an mull around in the silt until they die. Especially if carried to the stream in a bucket with little water. If they end up in the stream upside down they will stay that way until someone rights them. This gets them in the center current, shocks them to upright position and makes themchoose to go to the bottom and find a lie.

Its kinda like someone throwing a bucket of water in your face to wake you as opposed to gently whispering your name from the bedroom door.

It is always viewed as terrible to those not familiar.

I saw the same thing in Mass, but in that case some of the fish hit the boat ramp that the truck was parked on. I am sure that hurt.

I saw them dropfish into Leterkenny from a chopper.

PatrickC wrote:

stocker rainbows??
i wouldn't give a **** if he threw them off the other side of the truck

I was pretty sure that would be your response. I feel the same way. But still, stockers or not, it was a litte ridiculous. And you do have a special way with words when making a point ;-)

Ramcatt wrote:
PatrickC wrote:

stocker rainbows??
i wouldn't give a #censor# if he threw them off the other side of the truck

If I was a coffee drinker I would have set my cup down and laughed.

Overall, I give those fish a 9.3 for sticking the landing. Form was a little bit off to make it any better.

I work at Bethany College right on Buffalo Creek in WV. The trucks pull up...pitch them off the bridge just like that...then the locals sit and take their 2 dozen a day...ok..maybe not two dozen...

Suprised they don't let them fish into the truck.

Boss

I was impressed with his net work.

Maybe this is how we should be "tossin' em back" for catch and release!

While fishing in Georgia the truck came up the creek,one guy driving and one playing trout lacrosse. Friend was down over a bank when it started to "rain" trout. Surprisingly enough I found none stuck in a tree or dead along the bank.
Waited about an hour or 2 beers and a sandwich and went to nonstop catch and release.
GG

I've never seen the raining rainbow stocking method, but I have seen the pipe into lake method..

Back