CathyG
streamerguy
skybay
flipnfly
Trey

Rick PA Thurs - mon
Tim B - Fri - mon?
Jefferson - Thurs - Monday

Man that's a lot of pumpkin Whoopie pies!

Oh and start doing your rain dances now!

I

I don't know that I will make it., probably not, but I would have a plan to fish the lake just in case. You don't have to be arm in arm with strangers, just walk down the beach beyond all other anglers and cast, cast, cast streamers unless the winds are from the south-southwest, in which case a bobber and weight and eggs may work too. As things look now, I tend to agree that fishing the tributaries will probably not be the best choice. If you aren't interested in the lake, there are very nice warm water creeks within an hour's drive, and probably a very few cool/cold water streams within 1.5 hours.

Also, if this is primarily a steelhead trip for you, you can consider teaming up with a few others and looking to rent a boat and cast outside the mouths. Sink-tip and two-handers might come into play with this option.

I'm booked for the Quality Inn Friday Night.

I'll be up Early Friday and stay throughout Saturday.

Where's dinner Friday????

anybody go for 4mile creek? :roll:

Attachments

• ERIE PA Grove House Park Boys Fishing c1910.jpg
    ERIE PA Grove House Park Boys Fishing c1910.jpg
    118.8 KB · Views: 4
I'll be there! I'll either drive up and be there Saturday at Folly's in the morning and spend the night, or might drive up Friday night, haven't decided...

4.00 09-30-2015 10:30 EDT

Attachments

• Elk Creek.jpg
    Elk Creek.jpg
    160.2 KB · Views: 5
Yep. Water levels on the rise from last nights rain, but it will go down nearly as fast.

We got similar amount of rain here as Erie. I don't have a rain gauge, but can say it was more significant than the last event which barely settled the dust. But it wasn't nearly as significant as what most of PA got.

We were on the western edge of that system.

Things are finally starting to green up. Too late for the crops and the bees, but we'll take it.

It might be good fishing Friday or Saturday though because it no doubt allowed some to move upstream.

keep doing yer rain dances. need a couple soakers to go through up there.

looks like it might be a cold one this year. maybe even snow?

Things better start to happen up there or well all be fishing over 20 fish swimming in circles at the mouth

If there is not a decent rainfall, hope for winds out of the south or southeast and hit the beaches near creek mouths.

Just booked the Quality Inn on Sterrettania Road as mentioned. Advance purchase rate for a king size, non-smoking, including all taxes & fees was $63.00, if paid in advance, non-refundable...
Tough to beat that price....

DanL wrote:
Just booked the Quality Inn on Sterrettania Road as mentioned. Advance purchase rate for a king size, non-smoking, including all taxes & fees was $63.00, if paid in advance, non-refundable...
Tough to beat that price....

Well, I'd disagree. Id rent space in my barn for half that, but it is almost an hour drive.;-)

Yea, that is a good price. Have been thinking of staying one night upair.

Also where I will be residing friday night.

There is now a good chance that I won't be able to make it on Saturday (75-25). At least not for fishing. The bar afterwards might still be an option.

Might make it Friday and/or Sunday.

Not sure what my plans are yet, might end up chasing wilds in the boonies of WV instead, which is more my type of fishing anyways.

Biker say it isn't so !

I can't make it until late Sunday. Will anyone still be around for a couple days?

AH NO BIKER!!!!

Back