Steelhead swap

Sniperfreak count me in on the swap. I will tie chrome candy.

Updated list as of 8/14:

sniperfreak223:Green Butt Skunk and Coal Car
SBecker: TBD
BrookieBuster101: Emerald Shiner
flyfishermanj: TBD
Beeber2: Deep Six Egg
dubthethorax:Glass Bead Caddis Larva
HuntinFool: TBD
thetonyage: TBD
turkey: hairwing of some kind
jay348: TBD
Leteras: Chrome Candy

Four more days to register, if anyone else is interested...we still have 4 more openings.

Sniperfreak I saw you are headed up to NY to fish in November. I will be up in NY the first weekend of November fishing. It will be my first trip fishing NY.

count me in till tie an egg sucking bunny leech if theres room
various colors

Okay then, three more openings left.

flipnfly: egg sucking bunny leech

ok i'm gonna go with bead/cone head bugger...gotta hit the store for some supplies this week but i wanna go w/ a flourescent head for sure. maybe a purple body...i'll see what i can find.

i'll do a zonker of some sort

It has been awhile since I have been on here...I am in...

do the tried and true Elk Creek caddis and a throw in fly...maybe a hackle flash....

Boss

Sneak peak at my contribution. About 50% done with em'.

steelgroup.jpg

Very nice ties Dub....is that rootbeer estaz for the thorax? I am a big fan of the rootbeer, had a good amount of success with it last year.

flipnfly: egg sucking bunny leech
boss_steb: Elk Creek Caddis and a throw-in fly (hackle flash?)

Two more openings left...last day to register.

hit the shop last night and confirming my pattern...#6 purple bugger + hot pink bead head

mcwillja wrote:
Very nice ties Dub....is that rootbeer estaz for the thorax? I am a big fan of the rootbeer, had a good amount of success with it last year.

Thanks. Yes, it's root beer. Actually, when someone taught me this pattern last fall, they called it "the root beer". Body is a thin wrapping of Lagartun French mini-flatbraid in olive brown. Estaz collar, and a glass bead. It's a good pattern for late fall chrome.

I'm going to do either a Thor or Skykomish Sunrise depending on what the local shop has.

ive got a few different styles of esl with bunny fur but i am just gonna stick with the traditional wrapped crosscut zonkers and an estaz egg in front

Deadline has passed, looks like we have 13 tiers, so that means everyone must tie 12 flies (or 17 if you wish to tie for the mods). Address will be PM'd in the morning.

Address has been PM'ed, please PM if you didn't receive it.

Got your PM Sniper. My tie is going to be a Skykomish Sunrise. I'll post or include a reciped later.

gettin started right now.

Back