Steelhead Jamboree Date Poll

Well just say you're married to steelhead and need a conjugal visit!!

Should be good. I dont know about meeting anyone in the morning for coffee and donuts as that time of year we'll surely be losing the more prime fishing spots while drinking coffee and eating donuts. Now dinner is a completely different story.

Great news!!!

I just talked to Jim at Folly's and he said he's got us booked for using the pavillion over the weekend for the JAM. It also has an attached room that is indoor if we want to meet there in case the weather isn't that great.

A few things.

He want's to know how many people are going to camp out there. He has some good prices... $8 per person per night. So pending it's not snowing out, that's a great alternative to those cheap guys out there (including myself). If you can let me know that you're going to stay there then Jim would appreciate it. It's peak fishing there and he'd like to make sure he has room for all of us.

The camp is about 10 miles from the lake. He said the latest the run has reached him is the 2nd week in October and it usually hits the last week in September so we should have plenty of fish there to cast over.

I will probably either camp out or go to someone's house fairly local to stay over just to keep my costs down. I know a few other guys who are probably going to camp out with me. Let me know what your plans are and we can work it all out. Looks like it's all coming together.

Ryan

Are we paying for the pavillion's use? I don't see my old arse camping at the end of October, but I'd be pleased to meet up with folks there in the AM and at dusk if that's the plan.

For my understanding there is no fee for the pavillion. I told him that if we are treated well we might make this an annual event! He does have a nice little fly and bait shop there too.

The average temp for Oct 30th is a high of 56 and a low of 41. As long as it's not raining cats and dogs, that's not too bad of weather to camp out.

Hi Ryan - Just wanted to let you know, gzacckey and I will be staying in West Springfield, at the Sunset Motel. Due to the long drive for us, our old bones are better suited to a nice comfy motel room.

Any thoughts as to when we're gonna meet at the pavillion Saturday morning? Keep in mind that sunrise is at 7:25AM, and it would be a good thing to get out on the creek early to stake out a spot. Depending on what time you pick, we're gonna hit the Girard Diner for breakfast, and then scoot over to Folly's to meet everyone - it's 15 minutes away from the diner. The diner is open all night on Friday. Anyone that wants to join us is most welcome (hint, hint, Jack).

We'll still plan on the 8PM get together at the Avonia Tavern on Friday night, but once we have the pavillion on Saturday night, that sounds like the logical meeting place. If you think we should meet at the pavillion on Friday night instead, just say the word.

My plans as of right now are to come up just for Saturday and Sunday. The pavillion will be reserved for all 3 days. I will probably camp out as long as the weather's good. If it's not then I'll stay with someone I know fairly locally. I plan on being up to Folley's around 7. If you have ever fished Folley's then you know that it rarely gets so bad that you can't find a spot within the first 1/2 mile. You can walk just a bit and find fish with no one over them. I have no worries about getting a spot, it's not like the mouths. I can probably be there earlier, but that means no donuts lol (they open at 5am and takes me 2 hours to get to Erie).

It would be nice to toss Jim at Folly's a few bucks from camp sites and stuff in his shop for the hospitality of letting us use the pavillion as a meeting place.

If anyone else plans on camping out, let me know. Jim at Folly's would like to know a number in the next 2 weeks of how many will be camping.

It'll be me, my buddy greg (groove790) and a buddy of mine who checks out things on here and his son. We'll all be camping out pending bad weather.

I am in and I am Sure GoldenFly will be with me.

We might camp there.

I imagine we would try to get there friday night to BS with everone at the tavern and atleast fish all day saturday.

WOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

OK then - so this is the plan:

Friday - 8PM @ Avonia Tavern

Saturday - 6AM Breakfast @ Girard Diner

Saturday - 7AM @ the pavillion at Folly's

Saturday - after dark @ the pavillion at Folly's

Sunday - repeat Saturday.

This gives anyone that may straggle in an idea of where to find us. I'd imagine that some folks will bring their tying stuff along, and maybe an evening tying session would generate a little business for Jim's shop. I have no problem with kicking in a few bucks for Jim as well, for letting us use his facility.

Ryan - Thanks again for getting this thing rolling and organized. Looks like you got a whole bunch of us fired up and ready to go!

No problem. I'm on the phone or writing emails for work all the time, might as well do some good and organize a fishing trip lol. Hope a bunch of us can come out. It'll be nice to see everyone again that was at the trout JAM and also meet some new faces.

Roll Call!!!

So far I have these members as atleast coming up for a day

Heritage Angler
JackM
gzaccky
Farmer Dave
David
JasonS
jrcll
Squaretail
Millertime - maybe camping
GoldenFly - maybe camping
ryguyfi (2 guests) - camping
groove790 - camping

Everyone else who's planning on coming just make a post and let me know if you are camping and how many tents. Gotta let Jim know in the next 2 weeks.

I'll try to make a day trip.

Never been to Folly's. Do they have showers?

Squaretail wrote:
Never been to Folly's. Do they have showers?

Yes, but not the cleanest of showers.
The latest I've tented there was late October and the water was still running, so I assume they keep them going year round.

i will make it for a day trip at least.

i`ll be up early sat morning and camp overnite, unless the weather is really nice then i might show up fri evening ....now i gotta start tying !!!

I just got off the vise tying up some extras this morning. I've got about 200 for me and a handfull tied so far to sell/handout to the new guys coming with me this year. I'm running out of hooks!

I'm planning on being there but am not sure of the details/dates. I may be car pooling with a couple other fellas from down here in the sc part of the state.

I will try for at least a day of the fly fishing stuff. If you have not fished for chrome before attending will cut the curve dramatically. See you there bibbys.

I should be in Erie next Monday or Tuesday fyi.

Back