Steelhead Jamboree Date Poll

I've been on vaca for a few days and no activity here. Lets schedule the Steelhead Jam on Halloween weekend, and the following weekend is a rain date. I have no problem trying to make it both weekends if some people can't make the first. Those who can't can discuss further plans.

So the steelhead Jam this year is October 30th, 31st, and November 1st!

Now lets discuss some details...

A meeting point would be good. I would try to stay away from the mouths, but thats where the largest parking areas are. I like Folly's end camp ground, as long as the fish are up that far (which they should be). It would be nice to maybe have a pavillion somewhere, but I'm not too sure of the best place. Anyone who can chime in on this is welcome.

Awesome Ryan. I'll be getting there on Friday around noon, and I'll be bringing gzacckey from this forum with me. We'll do some fishing/scouting, and for those interested, we'll meet folks at the Avonia Tavern @ 8PM or so on Friday night. We'll let the staff there know we're with the PAFF Jamboree, so all folks have to do is ask where we are sitting. Members that plan on joining us should post it, so we can get a big enough table(s).

I like your idea of Folly's End Campground for a meeting place. I've got no experience with the people that run it, so maybe you could check on the pavillion....

The only other place I can think of that has a pavillion is Girard Park. Lots of parking, but it's a public park, so I don't think we can guarantee that we get the pavillion.

I've got an email corespondance going with the owner of Folly's Camp ground. I'll fill you guys in on the details. Hopefully we'll atleast be able to use the pavillion there as a central meeting place.

Girard Park may restrict alcohol. Follys would be ideal. Even if the fish aren't up that high, you aren't far from either lower Elk or Walnut.

Anyone plan on heading up from SE PA?

This date is not ideal for me, so I can not fully commit yet. I will reply either way once I run it by the boss.

mkoloch wrote:
Anyone plan on heading up from SE PA?

This date is not ideal for me, so I can not fully commit yet. I will reply either way once I run it by the boss.

More than likely. I can't commit either, but you're welcomed to split gas if I go.

Well keep intouch and we'll go from there.

So who all is intending to come to the Steelhead JAM on October 30th, 31st, and November 1st? Just interested in seeing who's coming.

It is on my calendar and would atke an unforseen obligation to keep me away. That said, it would be good to know the plan for gatherings before and in order to make proper reservations for lodging. I would like to fish two days, likely Saturday and Sunday, but would be able and willing to take Friday or Monday off to make a longer trip out of it. Rainfall and flows could determine the final plans. Count on me to be looking to meet folks on Saturday for breakfast, lunch and evening.

FYI--

October 31, 2009:

Sunrise: 7:25am
Sunset: 5:54pm

Don't know if I can make the whole weekend, but I'll likely make at least one day...
I've got some surgeries coming up, so that'll be the determining factor.

I'm in, and I'll be bringing gzacckey (Gene) with me.

The only meal I've pre-planned is the dinner/meet & greet at the Avonia Tavern on Friday night (8PM). Whatever else Ryan or the group as a whole comes up with is fine with me.

I'm bringing some Orams donuts for breakfast on the first day I come up (probably saturday). Probably a fend for yourself kind of thing, but maybe we can have someone make coffee... hopefully I'll have some more details after I talk to the gentleman from Folly's next week as to meeting places and we can go from there.

I'll probably come up and spend a day. Not sure which one.

I am out for sure...Other plans are ruining this trip for me. Sorry, really wish I could make it.

I'm in for that weekend. I'd also be interested in carpooling with people from se pa.

ahhhhh orams donuts you eat just one of those and you will have your sugar rush for the day !! i`ll probably head up on sat

JasonS,

I'm going to try to get a final word on whether I can go this weekend. I'll keep you posted on if I go, and how much room we'll have.

Don't take no for an answer, Jay!

In case anyone is interested, I'll be meeting Gene at Cabela's parking lot at 6AM on the 30th (Friday). While there isn't any extra passenger space in my truck, there is lots of cargo room under the cap. I'll also get you there if you've never made the trip.

It wouldn't be a bad idea to "caravan" up there - that's a really long drive! If anyone has FRS radios, they work great for vehicle to vehicle communication, as well as on stream communication if the distance isn't too great...

JayL,

Sounds good, keep me posted.

HA,

If I can't find anyone to carpool with I may meet you guys at cabelas. I've never been to erie, so the caravan idea is a good one.

Jason

I am out.

I knew something was up that weekend. There's a wedding I've got to go to.

Good luck guys.

Back