St Croix Imperial?

FWIW, the Imperial is already damaged. The car door won.
Thankfully St Croix makes it easy to just buy tips. I think I might get 2 or even 3 so I can still use it the next time I do it...

Good to know. I would imagine it is less an issue with a 4 piece than a 2 piece. Anyway good on St. Croix for that feature. How much they want for a tip?

$30 shipped. And 2 weeks with my old rod which hurts worse.

Make a PVC rod tube.

I have the brown one 7'-6" 4/5 weight. Got it at a yard sale pretty cheap, the action is med-fast

My first "real" rod was an 8' 4/5 wt - I still love casting the thing - med-fast w/a 4wt line on it, slows down a little w/ a 5DT. It still has enough oomph to cast across several currents on the Little J.

So I finally got around to calling St Croix this afternoon. I talked to a guy in sales first. He they were out of the tip I needed until the 24th. I said oh no, hoping to have it for the 22nd. And he said, well, let me transfer you to the service department and see if they can do anything. So I talked to service and he said the 24th as well, but asked me to hold for a minute. Of course I did and he went away for a few minutes. When he came back he said he had found one for me. It will be leaving tomorrow and should arrive in plenty of time for the 22nd.

Kudos to St. Croix and you!

Back