Shehawken --> Buckingham on a Sunday

Are you up here now? Or you will be here this coming Saturday? Fishing was good today. Not many bugs though. Handful of march browns and hendricksons on the main. But enough to keep fish rising all day long. Fish were stuck on caddis all day long as well. Sulphurs were everywhere around 7 pm tonight on the Main.

I'm thinking about heading up Saturday (afternoon to evening most likely) but now I'm trying to figure out this forecast and whether it's going to be downpours all day long up there or not. I welcome clouds and some rain, not sure I feel like trekking up there for just one day of fishing in downpours though.

Just got back from the trip. Weds floated the main and had fish up from 1 oclock on. Had targets all day long. Caught fish on hendrickson emergers(probably all gone now), caddis pupas, and also caddis adults. Sulphurs came on good at dusk but only the suckers seemed to notice. Thurs fished the beaverkill and nymphed up a bunch on golden stones and pheasant tails, also a few on caddis dries. Thurs evening fished my favorite hole on the lower east and got 7. All on March Brown emergers and sulphur emerger and spinners. Friday went to the jaws and nymphed up a few, and fished last night on the same hole from the previos night on the lower east. Got 4 on sulphurs. Good trip. The crowds were crazy though. More than I've ever seen before. But still had spots to myself.

Sounds like a great trip up there. Good news for me, I pretty much got my vegetable garden squared away and of course put some more time in training bird dogs. Bad news, I never made it up there last weekend. Still haven't even wet a line in 2016! I'm about to remedy that with a week + of vacation starting Memorial Day weekend. Gonna get some fishing in here in PA (Lehigh, Fishing Creek, maybe Upper D) and then Wed. 6/1 the old man & I head up for our group's annual ADKs trip until Sunday, 6/4. We even booked a guided trip to the Hungry Trout's Twin Ponds Wild Brook Trout Preserve. A full day's worth of fishing for wild brook trout measured in pounds!

Back