Sandy Hook Salt Jam 11/13/11

That is worth going to.....then hit up I.B.S.P. behind the maintenance shack or governors house........

Thxs for the info I will try and do the 12th there I have been trying to go to that the last two years and schedule conflicts and noreaster always get in the way.

JAM IS ON AS SCHEDULED

Excellent news! As far as i know, a few of us are still in for sure.

will be there , were you guys meeting?
What time?

I will be there hour or two before first light I have gps coordinates for the parking area so if need you them shoot me a pm

Looks like the sand eels are coming inn so make sure you bring some sand eels patterns

Here is some good intructions from the candyman
http://www.aswf.info/multimedia/instructional.html

We will be meeting at lot K BTW at porta-john on the 13th a hour before first light pm me for my number I will have my cell with me . The tide will be coming in when we get there .
tides for the day are high at 8:28 am and 9:10 pm
low at 3:20 pm

I'll be there both Saturday and Sunday. Staying at the fairbanks friday and saturday nights.

If anyone wants to meet up saturday PM me for my contact info.

I will be going to the fall classic on Friday . And I will be staying at the Fairbanks sat night also . I have GPS coordinates for the parking area N 40 28.239' W074 00.296'. or the dirt parking lot past the north beach Lot K .

So Far these Members have confirmed for sun
mkoloch
trowpa
wetflyguy
jay348
MarcQ
Iceguides ?

It is on gentleman start tying those sand eels .
Weather looks great also http://www.weather.com/weather/weekend/USNJ0017

Not sure what time I plan on leaving yet. Haven't researched it enough yet. Going to try and do some more tying tonight as well. Looking forward to this and I'll see you fellows on the beach!

Conditions are looking great! Water temps are down, light winds from the NE, and reports of bass have improved greatly in the last few days.

Man, I want to salt fly fish again so bad I can taste it. My salt fly box is under the tv since I came back from LBI, staring at me, calling. The first and only shot I had was ruined by the incoming tide, I should have went right back at it shortly after that, at the slack tide, but didn't. I was slinging bait, and have been hooked and had the call to salt fly fish again. I did scope the leaves down in the yard today, and was on the roof, cleaning the gutters before the rain tomorrow. I doubt I will make it, but really want to hit up some more salt. I do have a fair bit of work to do at work and home and might have a chance to use another vacation day soon. Sandy hook isn't much faster of a drive for me than LBI, and I know LBI. Still torn on going or obligations....

ok, i'm in for sunday. i plan on leaving west chester around 4am to hopefully make it there right around sunrise. c u guys there.

BrandonMH wrote:
Man, I want to salt fly fish again so bad I can taste it. My salt fly box is under the tv since I came back from LBI, staring at me, calling. The first and only shot I had was ruined by the incoming tide, I should have went right back at it shortly after that, at the slack tide, but didn't. I was slinging bait, and have been hooked and had the call to salt fly fish again. I did scope the leaves down in the yard today, and was on the roof, cleaning the gutters before the rain tomorrow. I doubt I will make it, but really want to hit up some more salt. I do have a fair bit of work to do at work and home and might have a chance to use another vacation day soon. Sandy hook isn't much faster of a drive for me than LBI, and I know LBI. Still torn on going or obligations....

Never fished LBI but this would be a opportunity for you to fish the salt with the long rod

I will be leaving Pottsville around 2-2:30
see you guys around 5am

Back