Plague of Locusts Coming

Spent a couple days around Latrobe two weeks ago to try and get into some carp. Floated the Loyalhanna Friday and got skunked. Didn’t see a single fish eating cicadas. Fish the reservoir Saturday and Sunday, had an absolute blast. “Waterskiing” on my kayak being big carp. It was a riot. Caught carp, large mouth and a channel cat. My buddy’s kid caught a 40 lb grass carp. I wish I could post pics on here, it’s and absolute MONSTER! Here’s my highlight reel if your interested.

https://youtu.be/ZeYRgu67yVM

Nice. Even the lakes are muddy. Didn’t see any cicadas on upper Loyalhanna. Woulda been much better fishing if it didn’t pour constantly

Time to dredge the bottom with garden hackle. GG

Yeah - too bad about all the rain.
A once every 17 year event was pretty much washed out.

Only place I found with cicadas around, that was fishable, were big and little sewickey creeks.
Caught a few fish there on them, but it certainly wasn't good fishing

Floated the Conemaugh on Saturday with my GF. Packed a few adult beverages and a few cicadas and took a leisurely float. Still a few bugs around but no fish looking up through the high muddy water. And we took a pretty good soaking too. Fortunately I am blessed with a good partner who took the storm in stride. So there’s the silver lining to my cloudy water. ;)

Ah well get em next time... 2036 I guess.

How I will remember this years cicadas hatch...

Attachments

• 42852BEB-B1CF-4319-B7AB-7143563EA529.jpeg
    42852BEB-B1CF-4319-B7AB-7143563EA529.jpeg
    106.9 KB · Views: 4
Back