PA Grand Slam!

There’s a “rural” Delaware Co??
Hah, it’s about time someone asked! Both places I fished were parks. One is suburban/as rural as Delco gets. The other I fished near my truck and utilized my carry permit. Even so, there was room to spread out and the stream is nice. It’s easy to forget where you are.

Rural trout fishi8ng in
There’s a “rural” Delaware Co??

Yea really,...

All the "real" rural of my youth in Delco with the exception of Ridley State Park is history although there are few beats on Darby & the WB of Chester that ain't half bad...

...then of course there is the Dodge City of Delco; Section 5 of Ridley Creek, Section 4 of Chester Creek and Section 3 of Darby... ;)

All the "real" rural of my youth in Delco with the exception of Ridley State Park is history...
There are parts of RCSP far enough from roads/trails, where you'd swear you're in the mountains. No people and no car noise, if you're in the right areas. Love that park.

There are parts of RCSP far enough from roads/trails, where you'd swear you're in the mountains. No people and no car noise, if you're in the right areas. Love that park.

Yea, but you might happen to bump into folks shtupping in the woods... ;)

True 'dat! Um, sorry... must have spent a little too much time in the other park :)

Just curious , is there an official “grand slam” for pa ? I caught a bow , Brook , and brown, a few years ago and thought I had it. Maybe not 😑

Just curious , is there an official “grand slam” for pa ? I caught a bow , Brook , and brown, a few years ago and thought I had it. Maybe not 😑
There may be a "grand slam", if so, I'm not familure with it. I am familure with the wild trout trifecta, which is a wild brown, wild rainbow, and a native brookie. "I only count that if it's been done on the same creek on the same day". Others might view it differently.
I've been fortunate enough to do it several times on a particular stream in western Pa. There aren't many Pa streams that hold all three wild trout.

Last edited:
There may be a "grand slam", if so, I'm not familure with it. I am familure with the wild trout trifecta, which is a wild brown, wild rainbow, and a native brookie. "I only count that if it's been done on the same creek on the same day". Other's might view it differently.
I've been fortunate enough to do it several times on a particular stream in western Pa. There aren't many Pa streams that hold all three wild trout.
There HAS to be a PA Grand Slam... I just did it on Sunday. I agree about the wild trout trifecta as well.

IMHO (with no desire to diminish anyone's accomplishments), a PA Grand Slam should include all available stocked species (Brook, Brown, Rainbow, Palomino, Tiger) making it considerably more special and difficult to achieve in a single outing.

Of course you could achieve an appropriately named Tiger (Woods) PA Grand Slam by doing what KELORGO did; catch the first 4 and get the Tiger on another day, possibly on a different creek in a different year... :cool:

Then of course we have the Wild Trifecta (Brook, Brown, Rainbow) which I've done a few times but the rarest and least likely is the PA Wild Superfecta that adds the super unicorn wild Tiger to the mix.

The depressing part of the achieving either of the wild trout "fectas" is if you post pictures on PAFF for verification and ask the eternal question, "stocked or wild?"

There will always be a smarta$$ or three that will say stocked... ;)

Then of course we have the Wild Trifecta (Brook, Brown, Rainbow) which I've done a few times but the rarest and least likely is the PA Wild Superfecta that adds the super unicorn wild Tiger to the mix.
I'd think the odds of that happening would almost be like hitting the Powerball, almost. The Tiger would be the red ball. ;)

I'd think the odds of that happening would almost be like hitting the Powerball, almost. The Tiger would be the red ball. ;)
How about making it like the PA hunting Grand Slam which is accomplished in the license year. Maybe set the timeframe from the start of general trout season to the start of delayed harvest. The hunting grand slam used to be deer/turkey/bear. May have been changed since we now have elk, separate licenses for different animals, etc. There also the squirrel grand slam...

Squirrel grand slam? Red, Grey, Fox, Black, Albino, Delmarva?

IMG 6725

Mountain lion hunting is illegal sir. Prepare to be visited by warden

Back