Is it me?

Guys, Gals: Don't let jerks get to you....It's called emotional control.

P.S. I caught a dog once at pennypack. Yip the dog went right across my fly. I did jump for some reason setting the hook in the leg. And yes I got my fly back from the owner/s.

GUYS HE WAS NOT CROWDING THE GUY. HE WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THESTREAM.

On a stream the size of the LL, if I didn't know the other guy, I would consider that crowding. The proximity standards change if you know them, obviously.

I'm not trying to bash ole' stags. The other guy was indeed a jerk. And the question about crowding shows that the definition of such is certainly relative and subjective, and must be learned over time. I'd venture to guess ALL of us have crowded others at times.

Two years ago I was lectured at length by an older gentleman about proper etiquette after he observed me crowd my buddy and constantly drop my fly right next to his. I did this for several minutes and neither I or my friend let on that we knew each other. As I was moving away this gentleman quietly asked if he could have a word with me and proceeded to tell me the ins and outs of respecting other anglers space. I just took the lecture without letting on that I was just paying my friend back for low holing me while we were steelhead fishing. My buddy still can't tell this story without breaking down in hysterics.
BTW this was also at the LL

Pcray wrote:
Chaz wrote:

GUYS HE WAS NOT CROWDING THE GUY. HE WAS ON THE OTHER SIDE OF THESTREAM.

On a stream the size of the LL, if I didn't know the other guy, I would consider that crowding. The proximity standards change if you know them, obviously.

I'm not trying to bash ole' stags. The other guy was indeed a jerk. And the question about crowding shows that the definition of such is certainly relative and subjective, and must be learned over time. I'd venture to guess ALL of us have crowded others at times.

Ah .. u've answered enough of my 'stupid' questions over the past 2 years that I say u have earned the right to 'bash' me :). Hell I take 'bashing' as constructive criticism. That said ... Chaz been @ this game longer then u so I take him FTW cause not only on the other side of the LL I was also downstream.

There's no winners and losers. Each of us has separate expectations on what a "reasonable" amount of room means. That's kind of the problem.

For my own definition, on the LL, it's not a small stream, but still small enough that opposite sides of the stream doesn't mean much of anything.

Downstream, yes, that matters. And how much is the key. And it varies not only by the stream, but by the day. If the stream is packed that day, a fishermen shouldn't expect much room. If there's only a few guys around, there's no reason to approach within 50 yards of anyone else.

He should of told you to go long and brace for a Hail Mary. Nah jk, he's a dick

Stagger_Lee wrote:
This afternoon I headed up to the LL for a gorgeous day of fishing.

That first sentence is the entirety of the problem.

Back