how many fish can you catch?

Pcray, thanks for the info! I was sitting here thinking...What the heck am I doing wrong? lol Although, I am sure there is a lot that I do 'wrong' but I agree with you 100% about Spring Creek and my perceived 'average' day on it. Next time the cicadas are here you should make sure you fish it. I caught 39, all on cicadas on top, a few years ago. That is by far the most trout I have caught on one day. I can't wait until they come back... Going to daydream about it.... best day ever...

I've read through this 5 times now, and seriously....how can you sit there and spout these numbers? First of all, who sits around and counts fish all day? Second of all, COME ON. Fly fishing isn't about measuring, so why are we doing it here?

See, that's the funny thing about perspective everyone has one, and they're usually different. I personally don't typically count fish, as I've stated already, but that doesn't mean I think other people shouldn't. If they do, that's cool, if they don't, that's cool too.

wow, what did this turn into?

i have been wondering for years how many fish i catch so last year i counted otherwise it is an estimate...you would be supprised when you actually count them it seems like you hit 10 buy you only have 6 or 7, think you have 30 and you really only have 19 and 2 suckers.

anyway maybe i should have asked you to define crushing, slaying, killing em instead of asking how many you actually caught.

anyway, good luck to all. we might end up loosing our right to bear arms but we all should keep the right to bear rods!

please practice catch and release unless you are fishing for salmon in the salmon river. :)

You sit around and count numbers all day when you hook fish after fish with your father and best friend and get to laugh and call jokes as to who will catch the most or who goes in a tree. keep in mind, when your 16 and 17 and your whole life you have been preached competitiveness than that is how you do it and can sprout numbers, whats it matter if your having fun?

808transplant wrote:
I've read through this 5 times now, and seriously....how can you sit there and spout these numbers?
I guess the answer to this is because that's what the OP asked? Why did you have the need to "read through this 5 times"? lol You make it sound like it's a chore to keep track of how many trout you caught. It really isn't.

Back