Green Drake

Browns are on at the Neshannock. I'll hopefully be there Saturday evening for the fall.

http://ncflyshop.com/news.stm

upper_d_drake_2009.jpg

Drakes were on the Upper D/West Branch last weekend. Though nothing was plowing them down! :(

vc, is that an actual size photo? :cool:

jack...yup! everything is bigger on the D :-D

JackM wrote:
vc, is that an actual size photo? :cool:

Depends on how big your screen is... in my case, I need some bigger hooks :-D

I thought penns creek was right outside state college not all the way by the susky. was actually considering going there this year.

It flows out of a cave about 20 miles west-northwest of State College and winds it's way to the Susquehanna.

Is there a swarm out yet at night?

Drakes were coming off pretty good until about 1. I was hoping they'd pick back up but then it started raining. My friend picked this guy up though before things slowed down.

assorted021.jpg

This rain really screwed up my fishing plans for tonight. Looks like it will be Sunday until Penn's is fishable again.

tristan Im not sure where you were but they never came off anywhere I was all day from 9-7. A few here and there at one time at poe paddy where the bridge is out around that corner they did for about 5-10 minutes.

I went all the way down to cherry run nothing was happening was frustrating and felt like a waste of a day. I caught one on the dry and 4 on the nymph. The fish were rising to nothing not grey fox, march browns, sulphers.

On the way back the stream was clouding up I imagine its shot now for a couple days unless your fishing streamers or nymphs.

We were about a mile below Cherry Run. After they quit coming off down there we thought they might have moved up so we went to Cherry Run and didn't see anything so we headed back downstream. If it wouldn't have rained I think Cherry Run would be the place to be tonight.

During and after the rain (we stayed until about 8:30) they were rising like crazy but we couldn't get them to take anything.

Ah ok I was at the bottom of the C@R up to Ingleby. Any reports of yesterday last night? And where it is at.

How was the green drake fishing yesterday?

ryfly: did you hit neshannock for the spinner fall? If so, how was it?

ErnieBall wrote:
ryfly: did you hit neshannock for the spinner fall? If so, how was it?

I hit the Neshannock for the Brown Drakes on Saturday. Only fished till a little after 10, but had some luck. Posted a stream report with all the info and some pics. It was pretty fun.

Here's a pic that I took on my phone of a brown drake spinner I pulled out of a cobweb on Friday at the shop on the Neshannock. Hatch was great, should have stayed later.

It has been in my box for at least a year, so I don't remember. Judging by looks, I think probably #10.

Back