Fly tying tunes

mike_richardson

mike_richardson

Just wondered if anyone throws in some music or puts on their favorite Pandora channel.

I like putting on the John Denver channel when I sit at the vice.

Any one else like background music.

Absolutely, but my musical tastes are all over the place. I have 1.5 TB of music so I just throw on iTunes and randomize it.

Everything from Misfits, to Biggie, to Jack Johnson, to Prince Buster, to Public Enemy, to Sublime, to Drum and Bass, to 90s House music.

Faster stuff for tying nymphs (Ramones, Flogging Molly, Ace of Base to name a few), Slower/softer stuff for big dries (Avett Brothers, Simon and Garfunkle etc) and for some reason, Johnny Cash works well for tiny drys....

Yeah. I don't understand it, but it works for me.

Live music. Gee I wonder who? The problem I've had lately is when I put a CD in I can't stop tying until the CD is over, I want to hear how it ends!

Absolutely, been tying to background music since I've been tying. But then again I do everything to music. :) When tying I like classical music. Good thread btw
Ummmm let's see.... I bet beeber2 listens to shakedown street.

just put it on FROGGY and let it flo. or the fan ofcourse

Volksnurse wrote:
Ace of Base

Why does this make me laugh? I saw the signnnnn

i listen to the baseball or basketball or ice hockey.

SBecker wrote:
Volksnurse wrote:
Ace of Base

I've been trying to get that out of my head for almost 20 years! And I hated it 20 years ago!

I pretty much use Temple WRTI for background music for everything, so it's jazz or classical. Anything else will usually distract me, even if it is music I like. I do sometimes listen to old bluegrass or really old country when I'm woodworking or rod building. Not sure why that is okay. I actually like the Ramones and like baseball on radio more than TV, but can't do anything worthwhile when listening to either.

I'm on the opposite end. I listen to Slayer, Black Flag, Social Distortion. But right now I'm on a Sully Erna kick.

FrequentTyer wrote:
Volksnurse wrote:
Ace of Base

I've been trying to get that out of my head for almost 20 years! And I hated it 20 years ago!

Glad I could help Mike.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

Next, maybe an Abba fly....

Slayer?

I think I'd Rip the vice off the table and throw it up against the wall if my hackle broke. LOL

Thats a far cry from Gordon Lightfoot and John Denver

I always have music on when I tie, Most of the time it's blues but sometimes it depends on my mood.
I listen to everything from Bluegrass to Classical sometimes it depends on the flies, But most of the time it's the mood.
I have to agree music while tying is the way to go.

Nothing like tying sz 24 midges while listening to the song dead skin mask!

The_Sasquatch wrote:
SBecker wrote:
Volksnurse wrote:
Ace of Base

Made me LOL that it was thrown in w/ Flogging Molly and Ramones!

Like YOU don't listen to Human League or New Order back to back with The White Stripes. C'mon. Admit it.

Pink Floyd gets my creative juices flowing.

Eddie vedder, I can tie for hours with Eddie hummin in the backround

Whoa whoa whoa! Are you putting Ace fo Base into the same calibre as New Order!?

And yeah...I'd listen to New Order and White Stripes back to back! I KNOW I've listened to Joy Division and White Stripes in the same sitting.

I think my tying jams are all over the place. I don't tye that much, but music is a must when I'm doing it. I listen to everything from blue grass to heavy metal while tying. Whatever I'm in the mood for listening to on any given day is what I'm gonna be listening to while tying.

And yeah...I'd listen to New Order and White Stripes back to back! I KNOW I've listened to Joy Division and White Stripes in the same sitting.

I prefer Joy Division, followed by the Nine Inch Nails cover.

Truthfully, I don't normally listen to music. I think I am too new at it to not give it my full attention. Sometimes, I will have YouTube up watching someone else tie when I am trying to get a pattern.

Now I have to think about my playlist too? Way too complicated.

Back