Fly line tool?

thanks bikerfish for clearing that up - each reply i kept thinking these guys just don't get it - I even put on the pic to try and clear it up. I like the needle knot due to its seemless transtion from leader to fly line.

JakesLeakyWaders wrote:
I use a Tie-Fast tool very quick and no aggravation.

http://sierrastreamflyshop.com/index.php?main_page=page&id=4&zenid=040c81f78485a188b6a32bf1300dc793

Trust me, look for the video on the site.

IT DOES NOT GET ANY EASIER THAN THIS!!!!

Even better, I found it for you.

Jakes,

Thanks for posting this...at the risk of embarrassing myself, I will confess I have had one of these tools for ten years and never knew how to use it. Until now.

Snap!

So I guess I paid $14.00 for a needle to clean my eyes out on my flies.

Yeah the first one I bought about 12 years ago, I folded the instructions around it and kept it in a a micro double-sided plano box. Unless you know how to use it, you would think it's junk.

It is invaluable to me because I don't like to be standing for 5 minutes, getting frustrated making loops and trying to tie a knot, when I could be fishing.

I personally like the design, and I've tried others including tubes and straws, the forks at the end just seal the deal for me.

You can tie on a leader and trim it the first time, in a matter of seconds, not minutes.

I've use needle nots as well, but I don't anymore. A good tight nail knot is seemless if it is tied and trimmed well. It's personal preference though, I thought I'd put it out there for anyone who hasn't used a Tie-Fast.

Back