Fly fishing programs on TV

Trout Bum "The Sasquatch Chronicles"! I'd sit down to watch that!

There would be a good 10 minutes of compilated footage showing how many times I get stuck in trees, and a shot of me taking my frustration out on the fly rod, snapping it in half.

And a mustache-off between PatrickC and myself.

We will certainly have to shoot one episode next October in MI.

PA is not a destination place for FFing.

Be careful. There's already a show on Outdoor TV or Sportsmans channel called "Sasquatch". Could get into legal issues. LOL. Dress like a turn of the century angler from Scotland but talk with a South Georgia accent. You'll confuse the hell out of people. Maybe you can get Gfen to be a gillie and narrate.

If you are going to limit the show to fishing for wild brookies only, call it "Dinks".

that names does not sound like it would draw much attention!! We need a catchy phrase....Something like....."We may not be Eagles, we will win the game" PA Flyfishers

Some of those shows enjoy fishing such out of reach remote places so there host, who is lacking fly fishing education, can catch fish after fish for hours.

If you fished a private pond or creek stocked with rainbows everyday you would look good on TV also.

There are a few decent shows out there. Fly fishing tv with Kelly Galloup was relatively good, but im pretty sure there not running that anymore.

Fly rod chronicles can be down right hard to watch sometimes. haha

Ya..I heard that also with one of the Bass shows...they would stock the lake where they were going to film.
I don't need them to stock in order for me to look good! Just give me a ton of make up like they do for the actors/actresses.

Make it a funny show like Jimmy Big Time.

I DVR two fly fishing shows. I like Fly Rod Chronicles. It's entertaining. The TU On the Rise show seems to dig a little deeper in to conservation and fishing technique. It's a little more realistic. When the host went to Letort, he caught one small fish. That seems about right!

Anyone watch "wild on the fly". I really like that show but it's not realistic for me to ever get to the exotic locations they fish.

I enjoyed TU's show more when Frank was the host. How about the show with Mike Pawleski (spelling). That's also decent.

The TU host, Jed Something, is good but I think he gets a little too "whoa DUDE!, Bro!, Sick!, Swwwweeet!, etc..." at times!

I don't know about you guys, but the LAST thing I want is a fly fishing show about my home waters. It is bad enough we have to fight elbow to elbow with one another at times for good water and a bit of solitude.

I don't need some joker from god knows where making it even harder! I am more than content to watch people fish in places far far away and hopefully learn a trick or two in the process!

Even when I blog about things, I almost never point out where I was fishing. The web or TV for that matter can absolutely torch a perfectly good fishing spot.

....IMHO

here we go......

PITTFLYGUY...........ya took the woids right outtamy mouth. AMEN and God bless you brother.

Pittflyguy wrote:
I don't know about you guys, but the LAST thing I want is a fly fishing show about my home waters. It is bad enough we have to fight elbow to elbow with one another at times for good water and a bit of solitude.

I don't need some joker from god knows where making it even harder! I am more than content to watch people fish in places far far away and hopefully learn a trick or two in the process!

Even when I blog about things, I almost never point out where I was fishing. The web or TV for that matter can absolutely torch a perfectly good fishing spot.

....IMHO

And where do you go if you are fishing elbow to elbow? The only place I found it like that was Salmon River, NY or opening day. Other than that the waters are pretty quiet with maybe a few souls around.

I don't know about you fellas but the last thing I want to do is watch someone else catch trout on a TV program. I don't watch them.

Pitt - I don't think you have to worry about it being eblow to elbow on the Mon. Given your outlook, I assume you limit your fishing to Allegheny County then? Or maybe at the most SW PA? Otherwise that'd make you the joker on someone else's home water. I didn't know there was a naturally reproducing population of Snook in SW PA.

Screw TV shows... let's start a spot burning fight!!!!

Swattie,

I used the term "home waters" loosely. My last two trips to Erie have been nothing short of a CF. Go any weekend on some of our tailwaters and you will find guys stacked up in many of the popular holes. Same goes for many of our spring creeks in central PA.

I fish for all kinds of fish in all kinds of water. My brown lining ventures are for the most part unencumbered by others which is fine by me. Unfortunately, trout and chrome are quite a bit more "crowded" to say the least.

Back