erie conditions

The 10 day looks pretty good for up there.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USPA0847

We all know David has it bad. How was the singing performance at PNC Park David?

Ryan, there are a lot of words like scattered and isolated in that forecast. You must be an optimist.

albatross wrote:
We all know David has it bad. How was the singing performance at PNC Park David?

It went well overall. The mic only picked up one of the kindergarden kids for the first two lines, so it started rough. Then they made an adjustment and it sounded great. Sarah turned around to watch herself on the jumbotron for most of her singing debut. At points, I could pick out Brenna's voice in the chorus. She sang beautifully.
And the buccos actually won!

David wrote:

And the buccos actually won!

Only 32.5 games out of first place in their division. We're on a roll! Hope your girls had a good time. Sorry to say, I missed the performance, but tell them I said they sounded great anyway.

oil did get extremely low adn pretty warm too , best bet is to wait until the oct. 5th stocking before hitting it up ,between the stocking and the fish returning from the cold water areas it should be good

Elk was really low and clear today..
Fish were quite spooky......

albatross wrote:

Ryan, there are a lot of words like scattered and isolated in that forecast. You must be an optimist.

I am an optimist, however in Erie, everything ends up in the lake, even if it doesn't rain over Elk or Walnut... it'll get there eventually.

It looked much nicer the other day... darn meteorologists. I wish I could be wrong most of the time and still make the big bucks!

I am an optimist, however in Erie, everything ends up in the lake, even if it doesn't rain over Elk or Walnut... it'll get there eventually

ahhh... not in PA

pa_drainage_basinsx400.jpg

Wanut is only a 37 square mile drainage...
if it doesn't rain over elk or walnut... its going to the Ohio river

starting at elk and then east to the NY state line is actually the smallest drainage in all of lake erie

Lake_Erie_Map-800.jpg

I won't admit I'm wrong... but that's some good info there ;-)

and since I made that last post the weather report has changed. I see 5 days in a row with some sort of rain forcasted. It looks like that should really get things moving if it really happens.

http://www.weather.com/weather/tenday/USPA0847

That drainage basin information is indeed good stuff and I'm kind of surprised more guys weren't aware of. It really is a very narrow basin. Rain that falls at (US 19) Peach and 90 goes to Lake Erie, but rain that falls on the Honda dealer on US 19 less than 2 miles to the south goes to the Gulf of Mexico.

I wish everybody the very berst steelhead season ever, but I'm praying it will be dry as a bone for the next 10 days. I'm going home and want to do some smallmouth fishing in the creeks to the south of the drainage divide. Once I leave to come back here, I don't care if it rains/snows a foot a day until Christmas.

But not until then...:)

Have fun on French Creek RLeep2!

Tonight: Partly cloudy, with a low around 61. South wind between 15 and 17 mph.

Wednesday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms, then showers likely and possibly a thunderstorm after 1pm. Mostly cloudy, with a high near 77. Southwest wind between 10 and 13 mph. Chance of precipitation is 60%. New rainfall amounts between a tenth and quarter of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Wednesday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before midnight, then a slight chance of showers. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 60. North wind around 6 mph. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Thursday: A slight chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 84. South wind around 9 mph. Chance of precipitation is 20%.

Thursday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 67. South wind between 9 and 18 mph.

Friday: A chance of showers and thunderstorms after noon. Partly sunny and breezy, with a high near 83. Chance of precipitation is 30%. New rainfall amounts of less than a tenth of an inch, except higher amounts possible in thunderstorms.

Friday Night: A chance of showers and thunderstorms before 1am. Mostly cloudy, with a low around 54. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Saturday: Partly sunny, with a high near 60.

Saturday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 49.

Sunday: A chance of showers. Partly sunny, with a high near 62. Chance of precipitation is 30%.

Sunday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 52.

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 66.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 53.

Tuesday: Partly sunny, with a high near 68

We need the rain eveyone do a rain dance for me. Just got home from fishin elk is super low and clear. Fish are super spooky already thanks to clear water brite sun and morons walking through the water. Fish were so line shy if you got within a few feet they were spooking from the line and i was using 2lb tip. Had one hookup in 4 hours. Rain rain rain rain.

here we go....

Flipinfly good post it helped a little got a good heavy down pour this morning then a steady rain for about 2 hours. Should help a tad bit but we still need more. Did not check creek after rain but it prob did not raise it may have helped the flow a little.

I was standing in Elk during the rain..
Wasn't even enough to get me soaked..
No change to the creek flow or color...
He's right about the line shy fish...

fished elk today had 3 escape me talk about knocking the rust off lol hopefully the next trip involves water in the creeks because there isnt much there the water was gin clear for most of the day the fish were stacked up in the holes noses in the dirt hittin nothing i took me from day light to 330 to have 3 fish take my offerings and only to escape me then i busted my brand new rod i forgot to mention the water started clouding up around 1 for what reason i dont know as of 515 pm no rain still......

flipnfly wrote:
then i busted my brand new rod...

Oh man, that sucks. Looking at the St. Croix website, it looks like it'll cost you $20 if it was a defect, or $50 if you got nuts with it. Send it in quick - you're gonna need that puppy soon.

How'd that new reel work for you?

I had to push the trip up I had planned for tomorrow back to next saturday... this weather blows! That first washout-rain we had a few weeks back really got me excited. But now I'm starting to think this fall is looking alot like last year. Hope the weather man proves me wrong!!!

Back