Eliquis

I actually thought it was a fair depiction of fly fishing, at least compared to other commercials and such.

Anyone remember the commercial where the grandpa takes his grandson fishing with a spinning rod with a center pin reel on it? We've all seen ads/commercials with guys holding a spinning rod upside down too.

I'm at a loss. Most of you are harder on this fella than I am. While I could point out more than one weakness/fault in his casting, I actually feel that he may just see his leader roll out beyond the tip of the fly line on that last cast.

I'll be honest, I've seen worse.

OldLefty wrote:
I'm at a loss. Most of you are harder on this fella than I am. While I could point out more than one weakness/fault in his casting, I actually feel that he may just see his leader roll out beyond the tip of the fly line on that last cast.

I'll be honest, I've seen worse.

Did we watch the same commercial? I've seen a nicer swing on a condemned playground.

I'd appreciate it if Old Lefty would leave me out of this.

ryansheehan, I didn't say it was a good cast: far from it. I have, however, seen a commercial or two with worse. I once said it pains me to see a poor cast. Shortly thereafter I , too, executed one (poor cast, that is). Then, I realized I feel a painful twinge every time I execute a subpar cast. Mental pain more than physical.

BTW, that playground was condemned primarily for unstable monkeybars. The condition of the swing was what put it over the edge :)

Fredrick wrote:
JackM wrote:
I had JayL (remember him?) once tell me that although my casting style was unorthodox, he enjoyed watching me cast. Maybe it was the sheer bliss of ignorance that charmed him.

That guy still casts better then Jack :p

You meant better THAN Jack. In any event, I believe I approximate a perfect cast. And that's good enough for a pretender.

At least the guy isn't sitting in a bathtub, watching the sunset and scanning the web for a crappy car from the 60's or 70's that he had in his youth.

I sure hope that guy in the commercial is steady on his feet and doesn't take a spill in the river and hit his head. Nothing worse than a subdural bleed on eliquis.

I work for Bristol-Myers and when i saw the commercial said i would have done it for free. You can totally tell the guy never fly-fished before but he wasn't terrible for a beginner.

If on the back cast he didn’t take out cameraman eye (uncovered one, the other may be cover by viewfinder…) please don’t stone him yet!

(…But if his acting was bad please do)

tomgamber wrote:
i did it. silently to myself. the right way.

For the win!

PatrickC, sorry to hear about your problem. Hope you are doing much better.

Brutal crowd, So the guy wasn't perfect , get over it. At least it is better to watch than the dam political adds.

Back