Annual license button

N

Nakedninja

Did anyone order the annual license display button online? I tried, but couldn't find the 2017 buttons. Thanks in advance for the help.

I bought my button online this year just the same as I have the past several years. When you are on the page with the check boxes for various things to add to your license like trout stamp, Lake Erie permit, etc, there is a box for the button. Should be how it works if my memory serves me right.

Thanks. I must have missed it the day I bought my license. I swear it wasn't there!

You may go back into the online system at any time to add a missing item such as the annual button.

Its there.

I ordered mine back in January and it showed up in about a week. My buddy ordered one 2 weeks ago and still hasnt received it .

What exactly is the benefit of the button? Don't you still have to have your license visible?

With the button, I leave my license in my wallet. Just need to have actual license with you.

FlyGuyGlen wrote:
What exactly is the benefit of the button? Don't you still have to have your license visible?

Per PFBC -

Once I receive my license button for display, do I still need to also display my paper license while I’m fishing?

No. If your license button is displayed you do NOT need to display your paper license. However, you must have the valid paper license in your possession. As a result of a recent regulation change, as long as the angler is carrying their valid paper license, a valid license button is the
only display requirement

Display the button, keep your paper license inside your pack.

More info here - http://www.fishandboat.com/Fish/FishingLicense/Documents/faq-lic-button.pdf

FlyGuyGlen wrote:

It looks cooler than a lame yellow license.

FlyGuyGlen wrote:

Plus it's a lot smaller for less chance of snagging on branches, fly lines, etc.

Bought one two years in a row and lost both. The pin system sucks!

joebamboo wrote:
Bought one two years in a row and lost both. The pin system sucks!
You have to crimp it to keep it from opening. I just buy the buttons (not the pink one) as a collectible.

Yeah, I bought (ordered) mine from a store

I've been waiting two weeks now as well.

I bought my license at the Show in Somerset, NJ in January. Got my button in the mail before my paper license showed up. Last year I did the same thing, but got my paper license first. I called Harrisburg about the button and they told me there was an issue with the company who makes the buttons. About a week later my button showed up in the mail. About two weeks later I received a second button. That's yur guvment at werk!

I bought the button for the last two years. I just wish the PFBC would get with it and drop the requirement to display your license. Even the PGC dropped it as a requirement.

WildTigerTrout wrote:
I bought the button for the last two years. I just wish the PFBC would get with it and drop the requirement to display your license. Even the PGC dropped it as a requirement.

yes 100%

PennKev wrote:
FlyGuyGlen wrote:

It looks cooler than a lame yellow license.

Mine is white...but that's just because I did it online and printed it myself. Then used the wife's laminator to make it a nice little badge. :)

I print my license on olive colored paper. No white or yellow beacon hanging on my chest to aleart the fish.

Back