2019 Annual Spring Jamboree May 17-19, 2019

the hatch never materialized where we were but I did find a small pocket of risers on the way back around 730. Picked one up and we were done

I think I figured out your issue. :)

Things are just starting then, man. That pod was the opening salvo.

We've all seen 1000 pics of 10" wild browns, so I'll refrain from that. Here's a few of the sausage fest and failed spinner fall though.

20190516_204852_zpseiai5bf7.jpg

20190518_191247_zps3hqctqoq.jpg

20190518_203319_zpsmkekkyj4.jpg

What a great weekend seeing everyone.

Maurice, Mick, Tom and I stayed thru this morning. We went to the Little J on Sunday after seeing the nice trout Alby nailed. The water was running at 610 CFS, but the weather looked good and we need something other than Spring to cast into. Needless to say, we got hammered with several storms in the afternoon and chased off the water.

We did get catch up with Shakey, Turkey, Couty and crew Sunday for some music.

Fun weekend and yes next year will be the 25th!! Start planning.

Unfortunately I didn't get many pics this year, but here's a couple:

-Spring Creek on Saturday

-Some results from a kick seine survey in lower Spring Creek: lots of scuds, cress bugs, sulpher nymphs, some olives, caddis larva, and a March Brown. However this photo does not represent the proportions accurately as there were far more scuds and cress bugs - this survey suggests the macro biomass in SC is roughly 90% scuds and cress bugs.

Attachments

• Jam 19 SC.JPG
    Jam 19 SC.JPG
    142.2 KB · Views: 5
  • Jam 19 Bugs.JPG
    Jam 19 Bugs.JPG
    65.6 KB · Views: 5
Had a great time at the JAM this year. Fishing was not as good as last year, but the JAM is more than catching fish. Friday and Saturday nights were where the real fun is at the pavilion (thank you to Shakey). Reserved for next year for May 14, 15 and 16, 2020. Figured the PAFF 25th Anniversary would be between Mothers Day and Memorial Day. If not will change dates of reservation. One nice result that I tried a few different spots.

Dave, we had a great time fishing with you and hanging out in the parking lot at Spring. We've been laughing at your quote as you saw our parking lot pizza delivery ever since.

"That's a pro f$%&ing move."

Even though Spring's parking lots looked like a mini Erie in Steelhead season, we all made the best of it. See you next year.

Ryan & Nick

best jam ever!!

fishing was spectacular,and i got to see some darned good folks!!

I am back up at 7 mountains for a week. Give me a hollar if ya want to fish.

ryanpgh wrote:
Dave, we had a great time fishing with you and hanging out in the parking lot at Spring. We've been laughing at your quote as you saw our parking lot pizza delivery ever since.

"That's a pro f$%&ing move."

Even though Spring's parking lots looked like a mini Erie in Steelhead season, we all made the best of it. See you next year.

Ryan & Nick

Hi Guys,

A fun time hanging out on Friday. I did enjoy your streamside dining plans. Hope to catch up soon!

Dave

Attachments

• IMG_5960.jpg
    IMG_5960.jpg
    156 KB · Views: 6
Back