2017 Fly tying jam - Feb 18

nomad_archer wrote:
So I may be able to make it. I am far from qualified to demonstrate how to tie anything. What should I expect as an observer?

Expect to have a good time and learn a lot.

As to tying, if they will let me do demo, you have nothing to worry about. Show us your favoirite and tell us why it is your favorite.

djs12354 wrote:
nomad_archer wrote:
So I may be able to make it. I am far from qualified to demonstrate how to tie anything. What should I expect as an observer?

Expect to have a good time and learn a lot.

As to tying, if they will let me do demo, you have nothing to worry about. Show us your favoirite and tell us why it is your favorite.

So Nomad, may I add you to the list?

GenCon

nomad_archer wrote:

Nomad, I tied at the jam with only 6 months experience. I did a Walt's Worm and while I was tying I talked about what seemed easy and what seemed difficult in tying a Walt's Worm. The most experienced tyer is more interested in your story than the fly your are tying. Great way to get expert advice.

Another idea, instead of tying a pattern, is to demonstrate a technique you have trouble with. Demo your mistakes and get advice.

RCFetter wrote:

Another idea, instead of tying a pattern, is to demonstrate a technique you have trouble with. Demo your mistakes and get advice.

Sage advice there...

Mike, I plan to attend the Jam on the 18th. If you could use another tyer I can do so. If you like, I will tie a small crayfish pattern suitable for trout or bass.

InCahoots wrote:
Mike, I plan to attend the Jam on the 18th. If you could use another tyer I can do so. If you like, I will tie a small crayfish pattern suitable for trout or bass.

Gil, that would be great. I would love to have you do a crayfish pattern. No one else is doing anything like that. I will add you to the list.

GenCon

2017 Tying jam roster

Gencon parachute emerger
Volksnurse Micky Finn?black nosed dace
LV2nymph Attractor nymph
J55tyger88 Delaware river adams.
DC410 Caddis pupa
Golden Boy Pattern TBD
SBecker Tungsten torpedo
djs12354 Different tangent, nymph
Jerry Coviello Muddler minnow
Acesedgley March brown emerger.
InCahoots Crawfish pattern
Mooney4 TBD

Still waiting for a few more tyers.
Note to all participating . As always donations are needed. Part of our goal is to have a great raffle and give a healthy donation to the Nature center.

Also we need someone to take care of bringing coffee, donuts. and bottled water.

I encourage all newbies to think about joining us, Its a great event and a chance to see many different tying styles. The amount of techniques you will see are incredible. Its a great learning experience for all.

Hope to see you there.
GenCon

Mike

I'll bring a cooler of water. One case enough ot should I bring two?

Dave

Thats great Dave, Thanks. So we still need someone to bring coffee and some donuts.

GenCon

GenCon wrote:

So Nomad, may I add you to the list?

GenCon

Not quite yet. I can't guarantee I will make it. I am 95% sure but sick kids or a sick mommy could change those plans.

Sorry for the late entry Mike! I'll be tying a deer hair dun.

GenCon wrote:
2017 Tying jam roster

Gencon parachute emerger
LV2nymph Attractor nymph
DC410 Caddis pupa
Golden Boy Pattern TBD
SBecker Tungsten torpedo
Mooney4 Deer hair dun.

Note to all participating . As always donations are needed. Part of our goal is to have a great raffle and give a healthy donation to the Nature center.

Also we need someone to take care of bringing coffee, donuts. and bottled water.

I encourage all newbies to think about joining us, Its a great event and a chance to see many different tying styles. The amount of techniques you will see are incredible. Its a great learning experience for all.

Dave Smith has volunteered to bring water. Still need someone to bring coffee and donuts.

GenCon

Dave Smith has volunteered to bring water. Still need someone to bring coffee and donuts.

GenCon

I got Coffee and donuts.

JT

Volksnurse wrote:

GenCon

I got Coffee and donuts.

JT

Dave and JT, thanks so much for handling this. You guys are the best.

GenCon

Has anyone heard from Ed (Heritiage Angler) and whether he will show up at the jam?

I am going to change my pattern. Will tie this instead. Cdc sedge.

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1486843376497.jpg
    FB_IMG_1486843376497.jpg
    128.1 KB · Views: 3
Additionally, a buddy of mine may try to make it and tie peridones.

SBecker wrote:
Additionally, a buddy of mine may try to make it and tie peridones.

Shane got it.

GenCon

GenCon wrote:
GenCon wrote:
2017 Tying jam roster

Gencon parachute emerger
LV2nymph Attractor nymph
DC410 Caddis pupa
Golden Boy Pattern TBD
SBecker CDC sedge
Mooney4 Deer hair dun.

Looks like we may have a couple more tyers. Just waiting for confirmation.

GenCon

djs12354 wrote:
Has anyone heard from Ed (Heritiage Angler) and whether he will show up at the jam?

He didn't sound like he'd be able to make it this year.

Back