2017 Fly tying jam - Feb 18

eunanhendron wrote:
I"m a tentative participant this year - i'll know if i can make it in a week or so.

Eunan, hope you can make it. I will either see you there or a Skyblue's gig. I'll have some materials for you.

GenCon

GenCon wrote:
GenCon wrote:
2017 Tying jam roster

Gencon parachute emerger
Volksnurse Micky Finn?black nosed dace
LV2nymph Attractor nymph
J55tyger88 Delaware river adams.
DC410 Caddis pupa
Golden Boy Pattern TBD
SBecker Tungsten torpedo
djs12354 Different tangent, nymph

GenCon wrote:
GenCon wrote:
GenCon wrote:
2017 Tying jam roster

Gencon parachute emerger
LV2nymph Attractor nymph
DC410 Caddis pupa
Golden Boy Pattern TBD
SBecker Tungsten torpedo
Jerry Coviello Muddler minnow

This is shaping up nicely!

J55tyger88 wrote:
This is shaping up nicely!

Tyger, yes it is. Really looking forward to this. I know a couple more tyers who are coming but have not confirmed patterns yet.

GenCon

2017 Tying jam roster

Gencon parachute emerger
LV2nymph Attractor nymph
DC410 Caddis pupa
Golden Boy Pattern TBD
SBecker Tungsten torpedo

Still waiting for a few more tyers.
Note to all participating . As always donations are needed. Part of our goal is to have a great raffle and give a healthy donation to the Nature center.

Also we need someone to take care of bringing coffee, donuts. and bottled water.

I encourage all newbies to think about joining us, Its a great event and a chance to see many different tying styles. The amount of techniques you will see are incredible. Its a great learning experience for all.

Hope to see you there.
GenCon

I'll do a March Brown Emerger.

acesedgley wrote:
I'll do a March Brown Emerger.

Great, look forward to seeing you there.

GenCon

GenCon wrote:
2017 Tying jam roster

Gencon parachute emerger
LV2nymph Attractor nymph
DC410 Caddis pupa
Golden Boy Pattern TBD
SBecker Tungsten torpedo
Acesedgley March brown emerger.

Still waiting for a few more tyers.
Note to all participating . As always donations are needed. Part of our goal is to have a great raffle and give a healthy donation to the Nature center.

Also we need someone to take care of bringing coffee, donuts. and bottled water.

I encourage all newbies to think about joining us, Its a great event and a chance to see many different tying styles. The amount of techniques you will see are incredible. Its a great learning experience for all.

Hope to see you there.
GenCon[/quote]

Guys, i have a conflict this year and cant make the event. I hope its a good one.

Eunan, that's too bad. Will you be at Skyblue's event?

GenCon

i will be there.
I'll bring a gift for the raffle at the Jam.

E

Sorry I can't make it this year. I'll be at a Keystone Fly Fishing book event at TCO in Boiling Springs that day.

Hope you have a great time with many folks in attendance!

Dave
Is the book exclusively trout fishing or is there anything on Bass/Panfish etc?

E

eunanhendron wrote:
Dave
Is the book exclusively trout fishing or is there anything on Bass/Panfish etc?

E

Mostly trout but there are sections that cover some of the larger flowing WW fisheries. Let me give it a second read. Are there any portions of the state you were interested in?

So I may be able to make it. I am far from qualified to demonstrate how to tie anything. What should I expect as an observer?

nomad_archer is right. Brian Shoemaker wrote a smallmouth primer. The majority of the book focuses on trout.

nomad_archer wrote:
So I may be able to make it. I am far from qualified to demonstrate how to tie anything. What should I expect as an observer?

Observing can be fun. But consider jumping in and tying. (Dave Smith, help me here...) I started tying as a newbie at one of the Tying Jams.

Pick something simple. Tie. You have to start somewhere and this is an opportunity to learn from some of the best. Its a get together, not a contest. Even the venerable wooly bugger would have a spot here.

JT

nomad_archer wrote:

Nomad, I agree with volksnurse. It would be great to just have you there to observe. It's a really fun event. With a lot of great tyers.
That being said. Every year we have a few newbie tyers. Just because they are newbies doesn't mean we cant learn something from them. So by all means attend. But don't cut yourself short on the tying. I have seen some of your flys. You are doing well. Just think about it.

GenCon

Well I have to say Im truly going to miss you both not being there this year!! Dave I really wanted to get my book signed. Will you be at the lancaster show signing???????

Back