2012 NCPA Quill Gordon SUMMIT (minijam)!!!! April 20-22, 2012

All these years I've never fished a QG hatch, so this sounds like a good idea to me!

PaulG

Paul I think chasing the bug itself is more of a draw than chasing the fish for this event!

Depending on how my class schedule is for the Spring, I'll attend. It's not too far from me and it's some of my favorite areas to fish.

I might be interested,gotta check the airline miles. GG

This is the next event that I wil procrastinate tying flies for.

The_Sasquatch wrote:
Bring Pete up w/ you!

Please do, because it will debunk the current myth I have about pete which is that Dave and Jay wrote a fancy algorithm that is what we all call 'pete'.

Art

It would be nice if you could make it!

PaulG

Kind of puts to shame anyone who doesn't come 'cause of the drive....hehehe! "Art came up from Florida!"

Wsender,

That is too funny. I love it.

I may have to wait till May for the annual rain event.lol
Pete exists ,hes a hologram with a computerized voice and a hardwired main frame.
Naw ,he's real enough for a republican. GG
Only teasing Pete. GG

i too am going to try to attend but it will be a late decision.... i just may skip the season opener to come camp and fishn with you guys ill be bringing my gps enabled blindfolds for brad to show us the secret spots.... and from what i understand about the QG is that its an excellent hatch to use wets on ...... correct me if i am wrong....

I see on the campground website that they have 4 group areas, has anyone set one or more of these aside for us? might be worth doing if nobody has done it yet, probably cheaper than everyone getting individual sites. plus it would be nice for those that might be coming last minute, won't have to worry about if there is a campsite available.
and I just noticed that if the hatch fails to happen, we can play laser tag!

Biker I'll mention it to Csoult. He's the one who contacted the campsite. Thanks.

Just talked to the camp ground they are really happy to have us. They also told me we don't have to make reservations if we don't want because we will be the only ones there. Also asked about a group discount and was told that if we have more than 10 then we get a 10% discount. Sorry of there are errors in this post, it is from my phone.

I might have to stop by since its in the neighborhood..depends how busy the shop will be...

thanks for the update csoult. I talked to the boss (wife) and its starting to look like I'll be making this trip. Can't wait.

Just East of Coudersport in Ansonia is a great little shop to grab some Gordons you may not have had time to tie. I think its called Big Meadows Fly Shop.

If you swing by tell Bob Corey sent ya. And don't forget to feed the chickens!

Back