2012 NCPA Quill Gordon SUMMIT (minijam)!!!! April 20-22, 2012

That's pretty much what I am doing with the SIMMS stuff, and that is the way that I pitched it to them. I don't see any problem with it.

A one hour drive to good fishing is a "short" drive to me. I think you guys selected a location that puts all of us within one hour of a huge variety of waters. Just get your camp supplies before 8:00 PM. including beer. Whiskey may proabably be had in Coudersport until 8:00 PM as well.

Make that 9:00 PM on Saturday:

Potter County
Wine & Spirits Store 5301
151 Route 6 West
Coudersport,, PA 16915
[Coudersport Borough]
Phone: (814) 274 - 9179
Fri 09:00 - 09:00
Sat 09:00 - 09:00
Sun Closed

Wine & Spirits Store 5302
15 West St
Galeton,, PA 16922 - 1204
[Galeton Borough]
Phone: (814) 435 - 5017
Fri 11:00 - 06:00
Sat 11:00 - 06:00
Sun Closed

I know. It was uncalled for sarcasm, but we try to keep the JAMS low key on the "industry" aspects. With 100s attending some of these events in the future, I would consider welcoming a Simms booth, but they better be buying the beer and bourbon and paying Shakey for some cool blues.

Not sure I understand, I didn't tell them what the forum was, where we were going to be, or any of that. It's not like there will be a representative there pushing their stuff on us. Just trying to get some stuff for us to give away without us having to pay anything. Free advertisment for them and free stuff for us. It's a win win. Next time I will check with everyone before I do anything.

No. Please don't be offended. I may just be being crabby, but I guess getting a free sticker to advertise for a gear company doesn't excite me that much. I appreciate the effort you made.

I personally LOVE swag haha!

What Potter County REALLY needs is a nice tobacco store where I can get some pipe tobacco.

JackM wrote:
I may just be being crabby, but I guess getting a free sticker to advertise for a gear company doesn't excite me that much.

Its a start - now ...if Simms would REALLY like to advertise, have them send us a few dozen G3 waders to "advertise"...heck - put huge SIMMS logos on the @$$ if they prefer ..give me free waders...i'll advertise for them all season long. A Sticker? Not so much.

Sasquatch & csoult,

Thanks for putting together. I'll be planning on making the Q G Summit in April. I am in Potter Co every weekend in April fishing mostly the kettle creek valley area. Looking foward in coming up that way to fish some new waters and fishing with you guys. Have'nt fished those waters up there much. BradFromPotter I'll bing my blindfold. Looks like the campground is about 20 miles from my camp. Looking foward to it.

Since the QG supposedly exits it's nymphal shell underwater, the wet fly technique ought to be effective. You will have a lot of pupils that weekend.

http://fishermonk.com/

Since I cannot link to the page and navigation is complicated at that site, I re-print with hoped for acquiescence, the following details:

Epeorus pleuralis
(This is a mayfly species endemic to North America)
COMMON NAMES: Quill Gordon, Gordon Quill, Dark Gordon Quill.

Emergence of E. pleuralis usually marks the beginning of good dry-fly fishing in the Eastern USA.
=========================================================
NYMPH:
Size: 9 - 11 mm.
Num. tails: 2
Tails: tan with dark specks
Body: dark grayish brown
Wing Cases: dark brownish black
Legs: tan, mottled with brown
Found in water: fast.
Range: East.
Lifestyle: clinger
Other: E. pleuralis nymphs have large, distinct, abdominal gills used as suction cups for clinging to rocks in fast water.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
DUN:
Num. Tails: 2
Tails: tan
Body: yellow, mottled with brown
Hind Wings: medium
Wings: slate gray
Legs: tan with dark brown mottlings
Emergence: third week in April to third week in May
Time of Hatch: noon to dusk.
Notes: E. pleuralis duns emerge underwater, often during cold weather, making an emerger pattern very effective.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
SPINNER:
Num. Tails: 2
Tails: dark brown
Body: yellow, mottled with brown
Hind Wings: medium
Wings: hyaline (clear)
Legs: tan with dark brown mottlings
Time of Spinner Fall: From midmorning to midafternoon.
Notes:: Spinners usually fall at midday.
=========================================================

JackM wrote:
No. Please don't be offended. I may just be being crabby, but I guess getting a free sticker to advertise for a gear company doesn't excite me that much. I appreciate the effort you made.
Not offended. No worries.

Hey Jack, did you read that the stickers are free! You can take one and put it over the Mickey Mouse logo on your waders to impress all the Jammers.

Anyway, good job guys. I can't remember the last time I fished a QG hatch. I have all winter to think about and look forward to this Jam. Thanks.

I was chewing the fat w/ my dad last night and he's interested in attending this as well. He doesn't post on the boards, but he's always looking for excuses to get up to Potter for fly fishing. He has never caughta QG hatch either.

this all sounds like a great idea, I'n gonna try to make it!

Just a throw out. Sweden Valley Inn has fantastic food, I remember having one of the best steaks I ever had there.

Potato City is right across from the campground and is also a very good place to eat.

Potato City SUCKS. It just got real crusty dude. Really fast. Last time we ate there, they had flies dropping off into the food. Terrible.

Sylvania Diner is where its at! Haven't been at Sweden Valley in quite a few years.

Sasquatch,

Great idea and thanks for getting this started. Nothing better than than QG in Potter County. Well I can stop in at the Lakeview and see Rick on the way too. On the calendar

Dave

The idea was Jack's, Dave. Something about getting lost in those hills for a couple days... He just egged a few of us to finally step up and set the time and place! So many of us love the area. I'm looking forward to it.
Andy

Back