2011 PAFF Eastern PA Fly Tying Mini Jam 12/17/11

TimRobinsin wrote:
Think I'll be up. I don't tie but gotta learn some time. Anyone want to meet up and fish in the morning?

PM sent.

I was thinking the same thing about getting some mornig fishing in.

I can lead a small crew of guys on trip to a small wild freestoner a few miles from the Jam that morning.

I want to go there. TR?

Your going to the PO!

You're

This sounds like a good way to spend a day. I tie some but they are not pretty but some time a farsighted fish will grab one.
I will see yall there.
Jay

jaymason wrote:
This sounds like a good way to spend a day. I tie some but they are not pretty but some time a farsighted fish will grab one.
I will see yall there.
Jay

Glad to have you attend - I'll add you to the list in the Tying Forum.

H.A.

Just wondering if anybody from the Delco/Montco area going up would like to car pool. Im in Delaware County. And Im up for a little stream action if theres a group getting together.

I'm going Mooney. I should have asked you Tuesday night, since I was sitting next to you all night. Inbox me your number and we will plan on it. I am thinking of leaving about 11 - I have to work late Friday night, so I will not be getting wet beforehand.

Hi I didnt know you were on here!! If you wanna drive up together that great. I'll send you a pm and go from there. Im not even sure what time this shindig starts, I'll research it.
Are you tying??

H.A.

For purposes of head count, add one more. I have convinced my brother in law to attend as well. He is an experienced tyer, but has not tied in some time.

See you Saturday!

Hack

I think the headcount is a lost cause. However, I think another 5-6 guys are coming that I know.

SBecker wrote:
I think the headcount is a lost cause. However, I think another 5-6 guys are coming that I know.

The headcount is only important for demo tyers. Anyone that didn't sign up won't be doing one.

There will be plenty of seats for spectators. Newbie tyers can rotate through the 3 tying setups until the supplies are used up, so that's not a problem.

Since we may be in the main hall upstairs, there's probably going to be additional room for guys to tie that didn't sign up, but no guarantees....

Demo tyers? Damn, got to learn how to tie some of those.

I'm bringing jdaddy w/ me. I can demo a basic pattern or a sculpin if you need a hack to tie.

Have a great time and sorry I can't make this. Please take some photos and look forward to the recap!

Just thought I'd pass this on.

Today I received a phone call from Dan Kunkle, Executive Director of the Lehigh Gap Nature Center.

He thanks the members in attendance at the Tying Jam for their generous donation from our raffle, and extends the invitation to hold any future events at their beautiful facility. Their caretaker Nick is a flyfisher, and he passed on a very enthusiastic report of the event.

We were also thanked by the staff at Riverwalck's Saloon - the place where we had dinner after the Tying Jam.

We'll be back. ;-)

Thanks for making friends on everyone's behalf. These may neutralize any negative press PAFF has received from Jamboree hijinxs over the years.

JackM wrote:
Thanks for making friends on everyone's behalf. These may neutralize any negative press PAFF has received from Jamboree hijinxs over the years.

Absent the guys from the west......we have a pretty courteous and well-behaved bunch. :lol: :pint:

Don't make it an east-west thing because I have some of your players on my naughty team :cool:

Back