Sluggish?

TomDewey

TomDewey

Dave:

First, many thanks for posting the link.

Second, I don't know if anyone has commented yet, but I'm finding the response times very sluggish in the forum. I belong to some other forums (delphi, for example) and cycles time is pretty fast.

Is there a chance with all of the features you've got, that it bogs down. Broad band people probably don't see much difference. I'm on a very good dial up (I'm very close to the switch here locally), but this new site isn't as responsive as the old one.

Thought I'd point this out as maybe there is something that can be done with your server settings, etc.. Maybe some sort of optimization setting or some such.

Once again, thank you.

Tom Dewey

Tom, the last 4-5 days, I have noticed a drastic slow-down in server response time. The first few days we were back up, the responses were fairly quick. I have broadband cable and T3 or something like that at work, and the same sluggishness on both.

Jack:

It took about 30 seconds to get this reply page up.

Also, I posted a photo earlier, and got the confirmation page, but no photo showed up.

Its about 30 seconds for everything on my end.

Tom

Tom,

I have seen the same thing. Mostly between 9-5. I have a shared server so I guess the other sites slow it down. I have seen up to 15 people at night and there have been no problems.

Not sure what I can do. I will try and talk to my provider.

Dave

Dave:

??????? I'm posting this at 8:10 pm and it is working fine, i.e., fast.

Do you mean 9 - 5 in the daytime?

Tom

To All:

Thought I'd get this in this session

The photo I posted this afternoon is up now, but the body copy is not there.

I think the problem is that the site software doesn't allow enough time for us to compose and edit. I've run into a couple of "time outs" simply on straight forum posts.

I'm a slow typer and I usually review, correct copy before submitting.
Which probably triggers the time out. Should be easy to adjust.

Tom

Dave:

You may be sharing with a heavy duty 9-5 commercial site. They should be able to balance the load a bit more in your favor.

The test might be this weekend...if there is no sluggishness daytime Sat and Sun, then I'll bet I'm right.

Tom

Tom,

I can explain this one...I "admitted the pics". When I saw the list it had two listed for your name. Both with the same title "Best fishing partner" However, one had no photo. I figured it was a duplicate post so I admitted the one with the pic. (it is a two step process, First Admitting and then approving) During the admitting I can only see comments, During approval I can only see the pic.

My advice in the future would be to be patient with the posting of a pic. Time out should not be a problem unless you get a message saying it times out or if it resets itself to a blank text box.

On my end I will keep a closer eye on issues like this. I appreciate you pointing this out.

If you post the Comment you wanted below it, I can add it. You can Pm it to me or post it here.

Thanks,

Maurice

Maurice:

Thanks for the follow up. There WAS a time out - had to figure out what text I was going to use. Coupled with the preview, it apparently scrambled the process.

Some of us with hundreds and hundreds of pix may take a little longer to "find" the pix to begin with. Then time to compose and edit the copy. Then time to preview. Whew!

I'd think extending the "open" time a bit would help a lot...should be a simple setting on the software. But the "sluggishnesh" certainly exacerbates the problem.

Tom

Am experiencing sluggishness also, though don't have the problem with another Board (american angler) I'm on.
Coughlin

Am logged on at 7:30 a.m. and am able to move quickly from place to place. the sluggishness seems to be traffic related.
Coughlin

At the risk of jinxing it, yes, seems to be rolling along nicely to day.
tom

Sorry, but it took me 4 minutes and change to go from clicking on the site in my favorites list to reaching this thread. It's 3;15 here, so perhaps traffic is heavy. Still, I don't have this problem with the American Angler forum, which zips right along regardless the time of day.
Coughlin

I’ve been using the RSS feed. It doesn’t load any faster, but at least when it does come up it has all the latest posts on one page. When you consider how long it takes to click through all the forums, it saves some time.

Back