Shickshinny area

K

kentwetz

I am going to be up in the Wilkes Barre area in 2 weeks and spoke to my dad who still lives there he said a friend reccomened some of the streams in shickshinny area to try for bro lies. I saw a number are on the reproduce list any worth trying? Since they are small streams feel free to pm instead of post directly. Thanks for the help.

"Shickshinny" - I'm surprised the moderators allow such language on a public forum.

Though I am uncertain about the "bro lies", I am somewhat familiar with trout fishing in the area you mention.

Bowman's was good in the area of the Rte 29 bridge last fall using wet flies, however I noted that the class A tribs up in the SGL fished poorly following the tremendous flood of September 2011. Truth be told, they have never fished very well for me; not sure why.

Not that you asked, but from a fluviogeomorphic perspective, the massive post-flood accretion at the junction of Bowman's and Sorbers was worth seeing.

My iPad must have auto corrected brookies to bro lies. Maybe I coined a new term for what fisherman tell their wives. I have hit bow mans creek once and did well with streamers was wondering about the gamelands how about little shickshinny creek?

Someone ask SBecker about his amazing auto correct from last week? It involves the word, "Testicles".

I fished the Little Shick once a few years ago, a section that ran through state gamelands. It held a decent number of wild browns.

You gotta be careful in this era of censorship using a term like bro lies. It could be wildly misinterpreted.

As I said, I have never done very well in the Bowman's gamelands tribs. - likely just me and not a reflection on the streams.

Never fished Shickshinny, big or little, but I enjoy hearing the name.

i caught some big trouts in hunlock creek off rt11 it is good fishing and many big smallies in susky aruond electric plant that area is good fishing for both trouts and smallies but i have not fish there for last week becuase of work i want to win lottery so i can fish all over and all time and not work. last time i fish hunlock i cauight one brown that was 18in and many other in smaller size but had a good time so that is where i would fish. best fishing has been down below of rt11 bridge and susky. and do not worry about bros no bros go there so you are good.

Kabutt wrote:
I fished the Little Shick once a few years ago, a section that ran through state gamelands. It held a decent number of wild browns.

There is a beautiful waterfall on that stream.

http://endlessmountains.wordpress.com/2012/08/15/little-shickshinny-creek-falls/

Thanks for all the tips I'm going next weekend so I'll let you know if it's worth checking out

Back