SE PA Lake Fishing

ian_brown

ian_brown

Can anyone recommend some good public lakes for warm water fishing this summer? I'm not asking for your favorite honeyhole or farm pond. I'm just looking for a few decent spots near Allentown or Reading.

Blue Marsh has a lot of no wake area, but it has a lot of pressure during the summer.

DC

Lake Ountelaunee (sp), Antietam Lake, Leaser Lake near Hawk Mountain, Nockamixon (sp), thats all I can remember from when I was a kid. The creek that flows out of Ountelaunee Dam is pretty slow almost lake-like.

get a map of bucks co.., then look east of nockamixon there are several state and county lakes around there. plus there's peace valley, Bradford reservoir on county line rd..to name a few..

Lake Towhee near Nockamixon, Lake Galena also near Nockamixon, The Brick Yard in Quakertown, and if you don't mind going to a pay lake with a large warm water pond and a small trout pond then check out Moyer's Lake and campground. 3 years ago I caught an 11.2lbs largemouth there. Moyer's is in Coopersburg just over the Bucks/Lehigh line.

Bob

Come on Bob you know that you put some bullet weights in that Bass before you weighted it :lol:

I was all out of bullet weights... I used a full can of Natural Ice instead!

6c75.jpg

Back