PFBC is inviting the public to the annual Open House at the Linesville State Fish Hatchery

DaveKile

DaveKile

Administrator
Staff member

PFBC INVITES VISITORS TO LINESVILLE STATE FISH HATCHERY OPEN HOUSE ON APRIL 9​

LINESVILLE, Pa. (March 18) – The Pennsylvania Fish and Boat Commission (PFBC) is excited to invite the public to attend the annual spring Open House at the Linesville State Fish Hatchery on Saturday, April 9, 2022, from 11 a.m. – 3:30 p.m.
This fun and educational event is sure to help you shake off winter cabin fever with a full schedule of activities:
  • View native Pennsylvania fish species in a 10,000-gallon viewing tank
  • Live amphibian and reptile displays
  • Walleye spawning demonstration including fish sorting, egg collection, and fertilization
  • Learn how to tell the age of fish
  • Fish filleting/cooking demonstrations with sample tasting
  • Basic fly tying and casting instruction
  • Lake habitat structure building demonstration by PFBC Habitat staff
  • Make your own “fish print” t-shirt ($5 supplies fee)
  • Pennsylvania fish, amphibian, and reptile posters, patches, and books available for purchase
  • Interact with PFBC staff and partner agencies while visiting their booths
Parking and shuttle to the Visitors Center will be provided, and admission is free. The Linesville State Fish Hatchery is located at 13300 Hartstown Road, Linesville, Pa 16424.
For more information about this event, contact Chad Foster, PFBC Western Region Education Coordinator at (814) 336-2426 or email: chfoster@pa.gov

Ah Linesville...spent 5 weeks at the end of college learning Bio-Statistics at Pitt's "CAMPus" on the lake. Easiest 5 credit A I ever got. Catch fish all morning, create and analyze data after lunch and fish all afternoon. Professor was a TU guy from Conneaut. Good time.

PFBC INVITES VISITORS TO LINESVILLE STATE FISH HATCHERY OPEN HOUSE ON APRIL 9​

I drove by there earlier this week and saw that they have their fish traps out. They trap walleye for breeding purposes. The catch other fish in their traps as well, and fry them up at the open house.

Been to the open house before; however, it snowed the last time I went.

Was wondering if they were going to have the open house this year. Not sure I will go, but just in case, thanks for posting that.

Back