New Poetry Collection - Robbing the Pillars

raftman

raftman

Hey folks!

I just wanted to let everyone know that my first full-length poetry collection, Robbing the Pillars, will be released this July. Many of the poems are centered around our connection to place - specifically the watersheds of Pennsylvania. You can pre-order your copies through Homebound Publications or, if you'd like a signed copy in March ($20 shipped/delivered stream-side), shoot me a message!

Here's the cover blurb -

The headwaters of Robbing the Pillars begin deep in the anthracite country of Pennsylvania and wind their way through mountain tributaries before reaching the Susquehanna River. These poems venture out west through smeared Nebraskan skies, up wild Washington waters, and into the Siskiyou Mountains as meteors split the sky on fire. They traverse the wet woods of Maine along the West Branch of the Penobscot River to the peak of Katahdin. They hike the Appalachian, Continental Divide, and Pacific Crest Trails.

In the early coal mines of Pennsylvania, miners crawled into the deepest parts of the mines, set dynamite, and blew joists holding up walls in hopes of getting the last valuable rock before the mountain collapsed -- robbing the pillars. The poems in Robbing the Pillars are the dynamite, the pillars, the rock, the mountain, and the miners. They embrace terrains familiar and forgotten -- those which have been stripped and left to become wild again. They explore the physical (geological, riverine), familial, personal, and cultural landscapes of our world as we rob its pillars.

FrontCover.png

BackCover.png

InteriorBlurbs.png

Hey folks,

I recently did an interview with the Susquehanna River Basin Commission about the Susquehanna River, fly fishing acid mine streams, and poetry. Figured some of you might be interested.

- Michael

Heck yeah dude. Shoot me an email and we’ll get it figured out - mike.garrigan@gmail.com
Thanks man!

Hey folks!
I've got some early copies of my book. Hit me up with you'd like a signed copy. Good reading material during the quarantine!

IMG2363.jpg

I just read your carp piece from "The Drake". I enjoyed it.

I can't comment on poetry. I just don't get it, I never have.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that. Glad you dug that piece.

In case anyone else wants to read it, they put it up on The Drake website... "Carp Koan" - https://drakemag.com/carp-koan/

Congratulations and good luck

Thanks!

It's been great! It's a really well-run press. In fact, I just got a final cover for my next collection - River, Amen - which they'll be publishing next April.

It's another collection of poetry. Slowly working on a collection of essays... but it might be awhile before that sees the light of day :)

Back