Lake Ontelaunee snakehead bite is on

M

Mike

A good snakehead bite is on at Ontelaunee and in places the fish are visible, so sight fishing is an option.

be nice if they allowed kayaks

Its a water supply, haven't allowed anything on that lake in 50 years or more. FBC guys used to tell stories about the huge musky they'd see when they went out on it.

No boating explained in the past because of concerns about litter in more remote areas of the lake. It was a victory to just get much more of the shoreline open to fishing. Boating was a non-starter in the discussions.

Its a water supply, haven't allowed anything on that lake in 50 years or more. FBC guys used to tell stories about the huge musky they'd see when they went out on it.
Yeah, Jay and I went and threw meat puppets for them and didn't move any. However, one day when I was fishing St Pete I went down to the confluence into the lake. Stood up high on the railroad tracks and there were absolutely some most LMB swimming around.

No boating explained in the past because of concerns about litter in more remote areas of the lake. It was a victory to just get much more of the shoreline open to fishing. Boating was a non-starter in the discussions.
Mike,

Is there any theory on how a snakehead population was established there? It seems like kind of a random lake for them to show up in given the incredibly limited access.

Angler transport. An easy source is Bernharts Dam, located roughly 7 mi away. They are also in a quarry within or near Ephrata.

Back