It's Good to be Back!

Welcome back Josh! I will 2nd, 3rd, 4th, or which ever, getting a wading staff. Got mine about three years ago, and should have got one 30 years ago.

hockey team member of mine , 65 , just blew his out playing .... drumroll ... PICKLE BALL ... while on vacation with family in Fla. had to return to home, surgery ... now weeks of non activity and physical therapy. Line mates are really wearing him out via texts about it. hes in a walking boot now .... but a long road back.

enjoy penns!
I know this is a little bit off subject but I've seen more serious injuries from pickleball in the last three years than twenty five years of teaching tennis. We get alot of people who don't play a sport for extended periods of time, step on a pickleball court and go all out. It's a fun, easy sport to learn but be careful, get a good warm up before you play.

Apparently pickle ball is blowing out lots of seniors Achilles. I've heard tales. My first doc pushed surgery hard. I turned her down and went with someone else. No surgery. I had a 1 inch separation. 5 1/2 months later, I'm feeling pretty damn good. The body is amazing.
Is this a pickleball injury?

I second the wading staff, I've been using one since my mid twenties. It allows me to fish spots others can't so I'm all in!

Is this a pickleball injury?

I second the wading staff, I've been using one since my mid twenties. It allows me to fish spots others can't so I'm all in!
Mine was a basketball injury. I'm almost 40, guess it's time to take it easy. A doc told me about all the senior citizens he was seeing with this injury. He was just a dermatologist I was seeing for something unrelated, but I had my big boot on so it sparked a conversation. But he said a lot of his derm patients come back from Florida in the spring with ruptured Achilles from pickleball.

Dudeman -- Take care of your girl! If you're like me and have a good one, you want to make her your #1.

Just go easy until the strength is back. No one has ever come back from an injury too late 😉

Missed this whole thread somehow. Sorry Josh. Glad you’re back at it.

Back