First Warmouth

use2wuz

use2wuz

From Lufkin Texas a couple weeks back - neat fish! I know there are much bigger ones out there - but this checked the block for me

Attachments

• 745F2A15-5B69-4897-A5B1-5E1B8AD280F6.jpeg
    745F2A15-5B69-4897-A5B1-5E1B8AD280F6.jpeg
    256.6 KB · Views: 39
They're a neat fish much like the rock bass most of us are more familiar with.

When I was a kid fishing in southern Michigan we called 'em "mud bass" - they were considered something of a pest.

We caught them for a statistics class in a pond near Pymatuning. Was my last class and I couldn't say no to 5-credit A.

We caught them for a statistics class in a pond near Pymatuning. Was my last class and I couldn't say no to 5-credit A.
Pymatuning Laboratory of Ecology?

By the way, the only one I ever captured (electrofishing) was in the Yough River below Smithton or Connelsville in 1976.

Pymatuning Laboratory of Ecology?

By the way, the only one I ever captured (electrofishing) was in the Yough River below Smithton or Connelsville in 1976.
Yes, Dr. Kodrich

Great! I took his Biometry and Population Genetics courses and he was on my thesis committee. At Pymatuning lab I took the Aquatic Plants, Fish Ecology, and Animal Behavior courses.

Last edited:
Great! I took his Biometry and Population Genetics courses and he was on my thesis committee. At Pymatuning lab I took the Aquatic Plants, Fish Ecology, and Animal Behavior courses.
Biometry was the course. I had only been fly fishing for a bout a year or two back then and he was a real encouragement. I think back on the math and antiquated computers and laugh. Great experience though.

Back