Cheap rods/reels

jeremymcon

jeremymcon

I started off in fly fishing purchasing really cheap rods and reels, and have slowly been upgrading, so I am now selling some of my older rods/reels. I have for sale:

Cabelas Three forks 9'6wt
- would sell this for $20 with local pickup. It casts ok, but I find that I like to overline it with a 7 wt line to get it to load properly. The other downside is that it is fairly heavy. But of course the upside is that it is certainly castable, and it is very cheap. This is also a very nicely finished rod - nice cork, olive blank, shiny hardware.

3DdpbDu1n5-JBCLzeILvFszJm-Ry6lSva2zY_hg3a48=w483-h643-no

zYilZU5wcMynzejTOzY_3enB9UVR5EZWJrBvIcy8J1I=w483-h643-no

"Custom" 9'6wt
- I'd like $15 for this rod. It casts a little nicer than the cabelas, and is significantly lighter, but isn't nearly as pretty. The guides are single foot guides, but they look like they were meant for a spinning rod or something. I have also broken off a couple inches of the tip and replaced the tip top. Would be a good beater rod for that person in your life who wants to learn to fly fish, but who you wouldn't trust with a rod that's worth anything. Honestly, if there is a beginner who is local (near Lewistown) and interested in fly fishing but on a budget, I would give this rod away.

RpQ-gIrHDETi4h3wCb804xHFFfVR9mDgD_R6rWTY5R4=w858-h643-no

pE8grgm-bGSQP37F-a-rrmGMqECnhem5yvEvf_PQWP0=w483-h643-no

vX3VtetjAmZtlkfq3jH3XSZdhlmhcF2CCqWf-7IJRfY=w483-h643-no

1RP_5PyqsevSU6Gm01ugo0EF5RWdUgRNjhuJ1uwBbtc=w858-h643-no

Cabelas Prestige II reel
- fits 5/6wt line. These reels are really great at holding your fly line! Lol. The drag works, but I'm not sure if I'd use it for any serious fighting fish. Fine for trout and smallmouth bass though. You can buy these on sale at Cabelas for $30, so I'd sell this one for $15. It'd work on either of the rods listed above.

eXa1ybEfv79VfOyMFyBFCmbMZw9O56dgLXXmgU0T0aE=w483-h643-no

Cabelas Prestige I reel
- fits 3/4wt line, same as above - $15.

I would prefer local pickup on all of these, but if you toss in an extra $2 for shipping, I'll ship the reels. Rods will be expensive to ship since they're 2 piece and are both in a homemade PVC tube, so local pickup strongly preferred.

Also, I will be out of the area for most of this week, so the earliest I would be able to ship/meetup would be Monday the 29th.

The cabelas rod is sold.

Back