Your largest wild/native trout?

20 inch brown venango county, 12 inch brookie clarion county, 13 inch rainbow venango county.

Some brookies in headwaters of the Colorado river near estes park...In the 18-20 inch range...They were beautiful...Was back in 93 when I lived out there. Have caught 2 browns one of which I think is wild that measured exactly 20 inches. I caught the brown this fall just before the spawn.

24'' from the Au Sable in Michigan.

Attachments

• 24830_514682461939_187800346_30630272_8113596_n.jpg
    24830_514682461939_187800346_30630272_8113596_n.jpg
    17.1 KB · Views: 10
First I thought that was a 37" musky, then I saw your right index finger. That 24" fish is a stretch. :)

24 inch wild cutthroat 10,000 feet up in co. on a wooly bugger and a 5 weight. in pa my largest wild brook has only been about 10 inches. no pictures, sorry.

Welcome to the board Neal! I wish you had a photo of that cuttie.

my biggest wild brown was 20 inches from this state. 16 inch rainbow. 15 inch brookie out in co. in my two weeks there, i caught 45 fish, but 20 were wild brookies all about 7-11 inches long. the rest wild cuts, two rainbows, a brown, 3 lake trout, and a 13 inch cutbow.

16 inch native brook on wykoff july 2009. I was casting to a smaller brook i had spotted at the tail end a pool but missed and put the fly about 4 ft to the right in front of a rock. About 3 seconds later he crushed my size 16 adams. He had some of the nicest color ive ever seen.
I also got a 24 inch brook from medix in the huge pool near the bottom of medix, it was opening weekend and very dull in color so im pretty sure he was a stocky

Wycoff gets stocked too.

Thanks Paco, claiming a 16" native would have overrun it. It's not big enough for that.

maybe it was just a stocky with some good color then, oh well, any way it was a nice fish

044-3.jpg

Pretty sure its my personal best at 26 1/4 from this past winter.
Gettin there.

Wow! Impressive!!! That is a beast, what did you get him on?

Dan... that beat out that monster brown you caught after the "truck show"?

I still go back to check out that fish from time to time. It was a monster!

Now that's a BIG fish (looks like about 8 lbs?). Wow.

wow, serious fish there! well done!

new. can anyone instruct me how to upload photos from photo bucket?

Click on IMG link. Paste in thread, but lower case the IMG in the link.

greengt88 wrote:
new. can anyone instruct me how to upload photos from photo bucket?

Use the image manager in the Reply module.

Click Reply on bottom right below post (Do not use quick reply at bottom). Above the text editor are two orange icons. Click on the one on the left and insert the URL code from the Hosting site for the pic. Click OK, Then OK two more times. This will place the pic into the post at 300 pixels and is clickable to expand to larger size.

If you just copy the IMG code into the post it blows the margins inserting the pic at Hi res. This is not preferred and requires us to go in and edit it.

Back