Would You Fish This Pool?

wildtrout2 wrote:
Alpabuck wrote:
Really......were this bored that were going to over analyze something like this. Correct me if I'm wrong...
OK, since you ask. It's we're, not were. That's not brain surgery! lol

Oh zing......Pat on the back for the internet punctuation police!

Get a life!

Alpabuck wrote:
Really.....(aggression)...in two days!

Someone needs a nap today.

JackM -- Very funny pictorial segue

PSUFishMenace wrote:
Agree w/ Patrick's casts.

I also agree with his locations, but think I might add one more.

I'd probably try to land one in the tail end of the pool, next to the tan rock, and let it drift past the little pocket created below that tan rock. I wouldn't stop the drift until it also went through the riffle, either. And I think I would try that, first before hitting Patrick's choices.

I'd try to keep that tan rock between me and as much of the hole as I can. I'm a lefty, and I think I could get a half decent side arm in there for that first cast and still get a decent drift even with that little eddy cause by the tan rock.

Too many times I've spooked a fish in spots like that, that ended up spooking the entire hole.

And Jack is definitely too close. I'd have to ask him to move before I cast.;-)

my first cast would be below the large rock in the "outflow" of the pool...then i'd prolyl run about 4 or 5 casts through the pool itself depending how many trout i hooked...

Alphabuck,

What's with all the cursing and anger all the time. We're all friends here.

I'd throw my first cast to the left of the rock, and work my way up and then to the right ending at the falls. Maybe a max of 5-6 casts.

Sorry Mommy!

Alpabuck wrote:
Sorry Mommy!

Charlie makes you call him daddy, doesn't he?

Knew it!

Thanks for your input. The photo probably was taken from further back and then cropped, but I wanted to direct comments to that aspect of the approach to the pool.

It was not necessary to take a knee much that day. The first cast to a pool like this would have been made so that most of the line landed on the cobble and only the leader or mostly leader only landed on fishable areas.

Shadows were not a problem because of the canopy, except for in a few areas of partial clearing.

As for speculation on where best to drop the fly, there was little need to worry about that. But the suggestions made were all delicious food for thought.

In a different pool, I was positioned on the left shore, downstream and was convinced the pool-boss would be positioned on or near the right bank mid-pool. I plopped my fly on the right-hand side of the deepest part and the pool boss charged it from 5 feet away from a holding position I could only assume was on the far left bank.

I did not actually fish the pictured pool as the beauty in the blue bikini was camped there for almost an hour. After sitting and watching for a while, I snapped a couple photos (the one with her and the one without her) and moved on up the stream.

You got her number right? Please Jack Please tell us you got her number at least?

gfen wrote:
Alpabuck wrote:
Sorry Mommy!

Charlie makes you call him daddy, doesn't he?

Knew it!

That fact that those kinds of thoughts run through your sick twisted mind worries me!

I dont know what Ole Chuck does in his free time and I really dont care.....Just talking about it grosses me out! Thanks you've ruined my lunch!

Gfen might be sick.......

Alpabuck wrote:
Gfen might be sick.......

It was once established in my social circle that what I thought was normal was aberant for most.

Ergo, its not that I'm "sick," its that my scale is calibrated to a different test strip.

And no, you can't call me daddy. I know you were thinking about it, but we just don't have that kind of friendship.

Back