Wild Trout Stream Stamp

wildtrout2 wrote:
Tom, in my original thread post I mentioned Class A & Wilderness streams. These are NOT stocked streams. So, I guess you're answering for that deafening 90%?

You are going to buy easements on wilderness streams? And you didn't tell me how you are going to handle streams that are ATW, Class A and other additional designations as well. I know streams they took off Class A list just so they cold be stocked. How many ore time do you think that might happen?

I'm leery of fees/aka taxes for whatever.Does a county have the right to asses a fee to fish in that county?non resident only?
Idiots here put i a launce ramp fee?tax.I pay taxes here already and must pay the same rate as a nonresident to use the ramp. Better yet the fee goes into THE GENERAL FUND, no new launch facilities on the docket.Guess which party is in power here?LMAO

TROUT/SALMON PERMIT
A current Pennsylvania trout/salmon permit is required to fish for trout or salmon in Pennsylvania waters. An angler “fishes for trout or salmon” when he or she:
Takes, kills, or possesses, while in the act of fishing, a trout or salmon from any PA or boundary waters.
Fishes in waters under special trout-salmon regulations.
Fishes in any Class A Wild Trout Waters or Wilderness Trout Streams or their tributaries.
Fishes in streams and rivers designated as approved trout waters on March 1 through May 31.

http://fishandboat.com/fishpub/summary/permits.html
I got this right from the PAFBC website. In my opinion I'm already paying for it.

wildtrout2 wrote:
Tom, in my original thread post I mentioned Class A & Wilderness streams. These are NOT stocked streams. So, I guess you're answering for that deafening 90%?

I know what you said. I didn't say it made sense. You are gonna need to cast a broader net than that. Wild vs stocked. Remember they just "simplified" the regs because they said we were all to stupid to understand them as they were. You really think they are gonna add stamp that creates twice as many ways to break the law. That's funny.

My original question was fairly simple Tom. If they came up with this hypothetical stamp, would you pay for one or fish other waters? I wasn't intending to turn this into an all nighter. ;-)

If it were simple it wouldn't be an all nighter. But its not simple. What would be the purpose of the stamp other than to make it cost more? Are you buying land with it? Paying for greater enforcement? Bailing out the banks? Is it just a deterrent to keep opening-dayers from fishing your favorite water because you now they'd never buy one? What purpose would it serve? Its not simple. Just a simple idea.

As long as the money's getting spent on something worthwhile, I'd be happy to pay for it. Unfortunately I think it will take a good bit of money at some point to keep land out of the hands of oil drillers, private clubs, etc. so I don't mind doing my part with a few extra bucks here and there. The past few years I've gotten out-of-state licenses in 3 states, and it's still a bargain for everything I get out of it.

Just what we need another tax

Back