Wild or Stocked Bow?

LJ, fingerling brown, LR browns and bows, Yough browns and bows, Penns Browns, among the stockings it's more browns than bows. Reason is bows don't do well in PA and don't holdover well.
The only place I know they stock fingerlings of all three species is the Schuylkill River, and I'm not sure if's being continued at this point.

Sas,

Les is a good guy and very knowledgeable. However, I'm not convinced that ALL of the Bigger bows in that section of stream are holdovers. I've caught some really really nice looking bows in the 20" inch range there over the years that just looked way to good. Its possible I suppose but I doubt they are all holdover stockers. I have caught wild browns in the 16-20 inch range. I had one hooked that was such a beast it broke my rod. A few of us tried to get him for a few years before he vanished. That fish was approaching 30". I guess my question would be, if the wild browns can get that big, why wouldn't the bows? It's a classic limestone spring creek loaded to the teeth with scuds and cressbugs, plenty of food and some fairly decent habitat. All the right factors to grow big fish.

I bet at least some of those larger bows are wild.

its definitely a rainbow.

Turkey FTW.

I need a camera. I'm asking the wife for a little camera for my sling this Christmas. I'm tired of debates based on my memory.

Back