Western Pocono Trout Unlimited

SBecker

SBecker

I just would like everybody in NEPA to know that the Western Pocono TU has reformed. We will be having an informal gathering to discuss the direction of the chapter on Sunday, Nov. 6 at 12 Noon inside the East Side Inn located in White Haven on Route 940. We are looking for more board members and welcome candidates. This might be a time for some of you to step up and have a voice in your local streams. I am personally on the board and will be pushing for the Pohopoco as our home stream.

Mods if this is the wrong place for this, I am sorry.

SBecker wrote:
I just would like everybody in NEPA to know that the Western Pocono TU has reformed. We will be having an informal gathering to discuss the direction of the chapter on Sunday, Nov. 6 at 12 Noon inside the East Side Inn located in White Haven on Route 940. We are looking for more board members and welcome candidates. This might be a time for some of you to step up and have a voice in your local streams. I am personally on the board and will be pushing for the Pohopoco as our home stream.

12 Noon on Sunday? You just excluded the christian crowd.

And you don't need to have "home streams". Silly concept that I would repeal in Tully TU if I could.

I'm going to try to show up, but not because I'm a member. I feel I have a vested interest in the revival.

jdaddy wrote:
SBecker wrote:

12 Noon on Sunday? You just excluded the christian crowd.

And you don't need to have "home streams". Silly concept that I would repeal in Tully TU if I could.

This is kinda more of an informal gathering, to try to get us on the right track. The time and day was the only time all of the officers and board members could meet on such short notice. We have deadlines to meet with State Council for next week. I am sorry if I said home stream, I kinda ment, a stream to start working on and prioritize. I expect we also will focus on the Lehigh Tribs and the Upper Lehigh as well.

Chaz wrote:
I'm going to try to show up, but not because I'm a member. I feel I have a vested interest in the revival.

Look forward to it.

Good Luck Becker.

Y'know they're not gonna get behind Atlantic Salmon in the Lehigh, right?

Go use your powers for good.

Good luck with this.

There's no need to decide on a home stream. Different members may have stronger interests in different streams. There is no need to single out one. Retain the flexibility to work on anything in your region.

There's been a lot of concerns raised on here about problems on Hickory Run and Black (Hayes) Creek.

Last minute bump

Just wanted to give a little update. The meeting went great and seems like we have some passionate guys that want to make the chapter work. We have decided to begin to scope some projects for the Pohopoco and begin looking for speakers to garner some interest and new blood into the organization. I have volunteered to take on the responsibility of conservation project and am looking for a ton of help regarding the Po. Our next meeting will be December 16th at 7pm. The location has not been chosen yet, but I believe Ken Mead will be speaking. If you are interested in helping with the Po project or any other interest within WP TU, please feel free to PM me. I hope some of you local guys decide to help out, if you can.

Being that the fly tying forum has gone to hell an evening with Ken Meade wll be very refreshing he is perhaps the best tier in the Poconos.

Good luck, the only problem is you still have the same few individuals that broke up the chapter still involved and are board members. With these people still involved you won't keep volunteers or members because of there arrogant attitude.

Great first post!!!!

Troutbum4ever wrote:
Good luck, the only problem is you still have the same few individuals that broke up the chapter still involved and are board members. With these people still involved you won't keep volunteers or members because of there arrogant attitude.

That may or may not be true, but you don't know Becker. He's absolutely relentless, and he brings a level of enthusiasm that could raise the dead. He's exactly the type of person needed, IHO. He has a way of getting things done.

Have a little faith, and give Becker support. I look forward to seeing what he'll accomplish. There's a lot of work that needs to be done, and what he's trying to do is certainly better than what had evolved in the past.

First post or last post I am only speaking the truth.

You are right, I don't know Becker and wish him all the luck. I am just expressing my opinion why I will not and a number of other people I know will not have anything to do with the chapter as long as these indivduals are still involved.

That's to bad to hear, I did not know the other board members before our first gathering. I am here to F Schnit up. I do not mess around. I have large ideas that have been fully accepted by the new members, and I have no interest in the club not doing anything. Jump on board though, if you want to do some good for your local streams. If not, that's fine as I have many friends that do.

I suggested that the chapter be split in 2 since there is something going on with the locations of most members being from either Hazleton or Jim Thorp areas and the area is quite large.

I took notice to that in the first meeting. Doubt it is going to happen.

I aggree with H-A that you should give Becker a chance to turn the chapter around.
Chaz brings up a good point. I believe that that is what caused many of the problems with the last chapter.

Back