Warmwater fishing transition: what will it take?

Fishidiot -

Like you, on larger bodies of water, I have had decent luck catching largemouth on large nypmhs like damselflys and woolies in the past. Almost shockingly, the crawdad patterns have never really worked out for me, large or small. I would think that has to change out here because crawdads run so thick in many of these streams.

As for those little sunfish, bluegill and rock bass, woolies have been almost magic since I started fly fishing not so long ago. I even had the largest bluegill I've ever caught hit a #6 olive wooly, convincing me until it was netted that it had to be a decent-sized bass. Most of the time, though, #10 or 12 work perfectly for targeting panfish. What shocked me was that little rock bass trying to eat a Clouser nearly as long as him!

Ben having a tough time getting any size up my way to(Wyoming county pa)Been catching a lot but not much over 12in.My best producing ties have been brown and copper buggers,White clousers .I am sure that the brown buggers are a copy for clippers and the clousers for bait fish.Had some luck early in the Susquehanna river with black and red clousers but it was early in the year and kinda seemed to fade out as summer came on.

Back