Wading Boots 2.0 (That aren't Korkers, please!)

I've been wearing Simms vapors and really like them. I do alot of wading in the Susquehanna and where I fish getting to the river is no walk in the park. The fibram soles are holding up fairly well their not super tacky on rocks but I like wearing a boot that feels and acts like a good pair of hiking boots. Their at their best fishing in the warmer months with a good pair of neoprene socks. Their comfortable enough that I've left them on doing lawn work around the house after a day of fishing.

I thought I might be able to offer some additional insight as well.

Boot durability - I like to think of these as the uppers. I've never had an issue with Korkers or any other boot here, but all of my Simms G3's have been bomb-proof. Definitely heavier though...

Sole durability - the Vibram sole that is used on Simms will certainly last, but it's also really slippery. Once you add studs, the durability of the sole is reduced to the durability of the studs which come loose and wear out rather quickly (compared to the soles themselves).

Love your shootouts keep them coming . The main part I appreciate is the honesty and unbiased info that you report. Thanks

Has anyone tried the Patagonia foot tractor wading boots? They have the aluminum Z bars built into the soles for traction.
Seems like they would be very comfortable. But I wonder how well they perform in different stream situations.
And they're quite pricey

Back