Valley CK Chester CO.

S

steve98

Anyone fish Valley in the park area recently want to try this Tues.
Wondering how it is.
Any info appreciated.

Steve98

Yo Steve

The water levels should be good (seasonally low) this week, now that the storm surge has flushed through. The last few autumns have had a few more caddis than before - it's not that you see a lot of them, but the trouts respond well to a #16-18. The sun may inhibit the BWOs, but that has been a strong hatch there in the fall. The last couple of outings has produced on #20-22s. And of course midges.

Maybe the frosts haven't knocked off all the terrestials. Valley has always been strong with ants and beetles in the summer-fall.

I'm hoping to fish Valley on Monday but I probably won't be able to make it. If I do I'll report back. If not I'll make it Tuesday, which won't help you much.

I have fished it a few times in the past two weeks. Water is quite clear and about 50 ish. Have picked up everything on nymphs and wet flies. There has been small hatches in the last hour of light but have seen very few fish rising. Fish have ranged from 4-12 inches. They have started to red up. Good luck.

Have people seen any fish on redds? Be careful wading as to not disturb spawning fish.

I have seen then red. They were in the deeper holes on the gravel. The small ones I have picked up were not red.

I'm heading their tomorrow with my son. He is off school and said he wants to catch a fish at Valley as he has always been skunked there when I took him. My goal is to get him one. Will be careful of the Reds.

I have been successful in the area around the covered bridge up through the valley over the past few weeks. Have a great time. My son caught a 10 inch brown two weeks ago.

Well my 12 year old son got the monkey off his back. We had a spectacular day. Fish were biting well, so well that he got into double digit browns all between 6-10". We were both ecstatic.

Back