Tulplehockin water release

Chaz,

Perhaps you had a ton of rain in your area recently but in Berks County we have not. I monitor each rain event, using the NWS site. This past storm dropped 0.4 inch of rain. The prior rain events were mostly less than that.

2.5 inches in the past week at Nockamixon

The site I follow for precipitation is the NWS report at the Reading Regional Airport. Sometimes I compare it to precipitation reports in the Reading newspaper. They are typically within a few tenths of an inch of each other.

Aaaand it's back down to 172. The Corps is just effing with us. It's part of Trump's plan. :evil:

salvelinus wrote:
Aaaand it's back down to 172. The Corps is just effing with us. It's part of Trump's plan. :evil:

Makes it an adventure. Almost impossible to make plans for a trip without a backup plan. It will be 172 today and tomorrow morning will read 400 for a day or two then it will be back to 150.

Guys,
Here is a quick graphic for your use that would help in predicting the releases. It shows inflow to the lake and lake level.

http://www.nap-wc.usace.army.mil/nap_plots/BLUEM.html

Right now the Corps is trying to keep the lake at 285 ft (winter pool elevation). If the lake pool elevation gets above 285, the release will go up. If inflow to the lake increases so will the discharge.

Just when you think you have the ACOE figured out, something changes. Have fun.

Back