Top Pa Fishing Destinations ...

Foxgap239 wrote:
WildTigerTrout wrote:
Now George you and I both know that was a trout rising!

Very true. Some of those trout rising to caddis can often seem like rocks being thrown at one's fishing hole!
What an impressive rise though!

Why has the LL gone away as must spots to hit? I may be wrong but I have heard numerous people say that at one time it was a big destination and many out of state would head there .. what happened?

Also .. isn't Yellow Breeches creek one the more famous spots?

This year 2 things I want to do is catch brookies and get the feel for that type of fishing and hit a couple of these spots as most are easily 2 hrs from me. If I get up early enough most of these Central pa/ State college spots are doable for a day trip.

Ahhh .. so much fishing and so lil time!

GenCon wrote:

Stagger, I am from Bucks county as well. Not sure what part you are from but there are some nice streams close to home.
1. Saucon
2. Little Bushkill
3. Monocacy
4.Martins
5.McMichaels

I am from Pipersville all these streams are within an hour from me.

gencon

gencon, I'm in Nthampton Twsp right outside Newtown.

I'm going to have to hit some of those as i am aware they aren't that far from me (with 75 miles). Being new I have a tendency to hit creeks I'm comfortable with as I know where to fish and have a few frustrating days finding creeks but not getting access and such. Going to have to get out of my comfort zone this year.

The LL is popular, but I never thought of it as one of the top destination type places. It's popular because it's a pretty good stream in a heavily populated area. I've seen people refer to the Tully (or more accurately market it) as the "best in the east" too and I just have to laugh at that notion.

These are nice streams, but take them for what they are, nice streams. In no way do they compete with some of the others here.

For one, while the LL and Breeches have some wild fish, they do rely on stocking. Stocked streams don't often get mentioned among the best destination streams, and why should they? They are as good as the number of fish that are dumped in them. This state has plenty of wild trout water.

I put big Pine in the same category, really. On my list, it takes a BIG hit for relying on stockies. What Pine does have over some of those others is unreal hatches in a gorgeous setting.

Oh, and regarding the day trips to central PA. It's not always about getting up early. In May/June, for instance, don't worry about when you leave. Instead, prepare to get home very late.

If you don't need a flashlight to walk out, you didn't stay late enough to fully experience things.

Walnut Creek. Seriously, you have to experience this at least once in your lifetime.

Stagger, you asked best FF destinations in PA, you did ask for best streams or favorite stream, but that's what you're getting everyones favorite streams.They may include the same streams, but they are different subjects.

Stagger, if you want to expand your opportunities this spring, pm me. I'll introduce you to a few good streams within reasonable driving distance.

outsider wrote:
Stagger, if you want to expand your opportunities this spring, pm me. I'll introduce you to a few good streams within reasonable driving distance.

Stagger - Don't take this offer lightly. I've fished with this guy, and he's absolutely top shelf. This is a golden opportunity....

outsider .. will take you up on the offer. When spring gets closer I'll PM you and we'll try to put something together

Thnaks much

Back