Thought you should know!!

B

boyirish6

Hello all,
I just wanted to give a quick hello and let you know how impressed I am with this board and how informed and well manored the board members are. I have just found this board and plan on communicating and gaining as much knowledge as I can from it. I also live in Greencastle Pa and hope to possiblely run across a few of the nearby members.

I have just recently gotten back into fly fishing and really need to brush up on my terminolgy and most of all my technique. I took a long sebatical (10 years) I guess my reason for getting back into it was the birth of my son. I am now looking for a great hobby for him and I to grow up with. Anyway this was just a little hello and hope to talk with more of you later. TOM

Welcome Tom!

Don't hesitate to ask questions. There are guys here that have probably forgotten more about fly fishing than I will ever learn.

Steve

Welcome to the Board Neighbor,

I live in Chambersburg, PA. Like Steve said "ask away" there are pleanty of really great, knowledable folks on the board here which can easily make you addicted to fly-fishing all over again.

Get a Line Wet!!!!
Pat

Welcome Tom

Great flyfishing site, alot of good people, with plenty of good advice! So don't be afraid to ask!

How old is your Son?

PaulG

Welcome, sorry I don't have more to say, I just finished work.

This site is a breath of fresh Air. I use to be pretty involved with the 4x4 community and it was always a battle over who was better and thought they were never wrong. It gets pretty old and the sport was getting very expensive. Not to say this one is much cheaper buy you dont need the car trailer and tow viehicle.

Question was ask about how old my son is he is only 11 months old. I am getting a jump start on learning again. So when he is readyto throw a line I will be able to properly teach him, an help guide him when he starts to get it. From what I remember of the sport it takes years to really get the know how. So I figure I start now!!!!!!!!

Real quick is there anyone on this board that is from around the Slippery Rock Area?? The gentleman that got me into this sport years ago was a teacher up at Slippery Rock University His name was Don! I have been wanting to talk to him for sometime. It is just a shot in the dark!!!

Good to have another western PA guy on board. This place is overrun with delphians. :-D

boyirish6 wrote:
This site is a breath of fresh Air. I use to be pretty involved with the 4x4 community and it was always a battle over who was better and thought they were never wrong. It gets pretty old and the sport was getting very expensive. Not to say this one is much cheaper buy you dont need the car trailer and tow viehicle.

Not to mention what that activity does to the trout streams. Uuuggghhhh!.

Welcome aboard, thats one less (and two with your son) that we have to worry about.

Maurice

And believe it or not....with winter on the way, you will begin to see a Jeckyl & Hyde in some of us as we are kept for the activity we love.

Welcome and congrats on the new addition to the family

Back