Terminal Frost

Very nice read. Thanks for posting

In 4 and a half days we only saw a few fish on about 12 streams, but we did catch fish. All early in the day, by afternoon they simply weren't interested. I feel most of the fish had moved to headwaters during the summer and were already spawning. Because the streams I went to were all streams I've had great fishing on in the past.
Lyman Run 0
Cedar Run 8
Trout Run 8
Elk Run 6
Pine 0
Babb 0
Stony 0
WB Pine 0
And so on.

I, too, think this is a wonderful post. I am certainly past the age where I am going to camp out or sleep in my truck. I like my creature comforts. I am also pretty much past the point where I'm going to night fish either, but I recall some spooky outings from the dear, departed days of yesteryear. I rarely even venture too far from home any more, but I do enjoy reading fishing adventures from you and others who travel to places I've never been. Anyhow, great post -- and as has been suggested, I encourage you to look to get some of your writing published. It is certainly the kind of writing that many of us enjoy.

Very nice post.GG

salmonoid wrote:
I had a similar experience to your similar experience on the Black Forest Trail. It was summertime and for whatever reason, we decided to forgo carrying tents and planned to sleep out under the stars or under tarps if it rained. We had made a fire that night and there apparently was not a threat of rain, and I set up sleeping quarters beside the fire ring. Everyone else setup sleeping about ten yards to my left. I don't always sleep well in the woods, at least not the first night in, until my body gets accustomed to the fact that its not in a bed. But I did drift off to sleep that night. I was awakened by rustling in the leaves somewhere in the direction my head was facing. As I lay there, the thought of a large bear standing on all fours, and swinging his head back and forth, working himself into a froth, went through my head. The sound moved a little bit towards my right side, as if the bear was pacing, and my body was tensed up, ready to bolt. I reached for my flashlight and slowly turned toward the bear, fully expecting to see a huge head, and dripping teeth and crazed eyes staring back at me. At the next rustle, I turned on the light. And watched a deer mouse scamper away

LMAO!

At the next rustle, I turned on the light. And watched a deer mouse scamper away
That same deer mouse scared the crap out of me on the black forest trail. I was camped in a lonley hollow on the section west of 44 (the spooky side of the BFT IMHO). It was my first solo backpack trip and a mouse can make scary sounds while you are all alone in the middle of no where!

Squatch, It's a Platoon, and they are howler moneys.

Fantastic story! Thanks for sharing.

Back