Tampa Area Salt Water trips.

P

PatchezMDM

It's time for our annual family trip to the Tampa area for a visit with the wife's family. This translates to her visiting her Mom and other family while I spend the days fishing and relaxing.

This year should prove to be more promising than past trip since I was able to talk to the owner of Anna Marie Island Outfitters. He gave me some hot spots for wading with a fly rod that I was unaware of in the past. Last year when I talked to him he said stop by when I get down and he'll let me know what's hitting on what pattern. He also said with enough notice he'd be able to slip out for a trip or 2. He's always looking for an excuse to get away from the shop and hit the water. Hopefully the weather and the fish cooperate.

Good luck! I’ve fished Longboat Key for many years. Always loved fishing for snook off the beach in the summer. It can be hit or miss though- tan over white clousers and white glass minnow patterns always have produced for me down there.

Unfortunately LBK and AMI have become a lot more popular- so the traffic now sucks down there most of the time. Especially down around Bradenton Beach.

Also- make sure you check out the Doctors Office in AMI. Make sure you get your shot there.

I will check out the Doctor's Office. That's close to the Freckled Fin isn't it?

The plan for fishing is wading Robinson Preserve at the top westernmost point in Bradenton. Just across the Manatee river from Emerson Point. I may do some wading over on that side as well.

Back