Success with Toothy Critters 2019

Been awhile since I was on this site. Was just starting to chase pike and musky back then. Still haven’t landed a ski but doing pretty decent on pike. Also started tying my own streamers.

Two nice pickerel from a tidal Potomac tributary yesterday. My first paddleboard outing of the year.

Fredrick, I had a shot at an enormous snakehead. Cast was a few inches behind the fish, I tried to quick drag the fly in front but I just hooked it in the top of the head :-o The hook pulled after a few seconds. Honestly believe the fish was 36" or larger.

Attachments

• pickerel1.JPG
    pickerel1.JPG
    46.7 KB · Views: 3
  • pickerel2.JPG
    pickerel2.JPG
    33.9 KB · Views: 2
sarce wrote:
Two nice pickerel from a tidal Potomac tributary yesterday. My first paddleboard outing of the year.

Fredrick, I had a shot at an enormous snakehead. Cast was a few inches behind the fish, I tried to quick drag the fly in front but I just hooked it in the top of the head :-o The hook pulled after a few seconds. Honestly believe the fish was 36" or larger.

Nice toothy , that stinks those big ones don't come out of hiding often . I had two hookups on 10 pounders this year but bad hooksets cot me the fish .

Back