Success With Toothy Critters - 2018

Here is one I got this weekend. We had a great day with 6 follows and this 38"er boated. One of the fish that followed made this one look little. I was literally shaking after it disappeared when I did the figure 8.

Attachments

• Capture.JPG
    Capture.JPG
    44.3 KB · Views: 5
Love the photoshop work there to keep the location secret!

I tried to crop it but couldn't get it to work. So out came the virtual erasure.

Nice, Fly Flinger!

Man is it tough to upload photos here. Here's a few...

Attachments

• P1.jpg
    P1.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 3
  • M2.jpg
    M2.jpg
    39 KB · Views: 3
  • M1.JPG
    M1.JPG
    48.7 KB · Views: 3
D-nymph wrote:
Man is it tough to upload photos here. Here's a few...

Wow - very nice D-nymph. Were they caught this year in PA?
Whatever the case, those are some mighty fine toothies.

fly_flinger wrote:
Here is one I got this weekend. We had a great day with 6 follows and this 38"er boated. One of the fish that followed made this one look little. I was literally shaking after it disappeared when I did the figure 8.

Hurrah!

We finally got a muskie on the scoreboard. And what a beauty it is!
Congratulations Fly-flinger. Well done indeed.

Six follows in a day is just great to hear about and highly motivating. The biggie you saw ought to still be catchable as chances are good he'll hang out in the same pool for awhile. Maybe you can nail him next time?

Incidentally, the cold water temps on many of our rivers makes this a good late summer to chase muskies. No need to wait till fall and colder water temps as is typically the case.

Dave,

2018 The musky are PA, the northern was caught in Maine.

Fishing is always more fun in bad conditions like Sunday's when the bros stay home.

Attachments

• M3.jpg
    M3.jpg
    59.6 KB · Views: 4
  • M4.jpg
    M4.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 2
D-nymph wrote:
Fishing is always more fun in bad conditions like Sunday's when the bros stay home.

So true (maybe not fun, but usually more successful).

Nice job D-nymph, another beauty!

Been finding good pickerel from my SUP lately. Getting a good strip set while keeping my balance has been interesting. LOL. Haven't fallen in yet but have come close a few times when they pounce as soon as the fly lands.

Attachments

• SUP_pickerel.JPG
    SUP_pickerel.JPG
    66 KB · Views: 2
Good to see the good old chain picks getting some recognition.

They're a blast! In much of MD, they are the only toothies around, and they may not be the biggest or most challenging fish to catch but I like to think it is a good tune-up for chasing muskies later this fall. I'm certainly becoming more composed in dealing with explosive, unpredictable strikes...

Love me some pickerel fishin! I wish there was more of it around my neck of the woods.

Little fella

Attachments

• M5.jpg
    M5.jpg
    38.9 KB · Views: 5
D-nymph wrote:
Little fella

Nice I hit some toothys yesterday one was a pound shy of the Del state record I will post some pics tonight .

First fish was six pounds second is five Delaware State record is 7 pounds the fish were caught about ten minutes apart

Attachments

• 2250A278-461E-4B94-9BD2-405787A6AC7E.jpeg
    2250A278-461E-4B94-9BD2-405787A6AC7E.jpeg
    138.2 KB · Views: 6
  • E7205989-D9DD-49CD-8B24-8E6828B2A106.jpeg
    E7205989-D9DD-49CD-8B24-8E6828B2A106.jpeg
    134.6 KB · Views: 3
south east pa is filthy with pickerel.

Sandfly - please continue...lol. Very interested, as I still go home to SE PA occasionally.

Back